Zoomie -- another NB question for you (Read 873 times)

Yesterday I was poking around the NB factory outlet (happed to be in the area unexpected and can't get that close without stopping in and looking around)......I tried on some NB 725 running shoes and they felt pretty good....they are a neutral/cushion shoe and there was a close out for $25. i just couldnt walk away from a $25 pair of running shoes the really felt good (lest running a few laps round the inside of the store)..... Not finding much on the my in them net and so Im wonder in if you know anything about the NB725 and is this a close out and if so do you know what the replacement might be?? Thks -- JohnA

Champions are made when no one is watching

zoom-zoom

rectumdamnnearkilledem

Hmmm...I'm not familiar with that model...just looked at NB's site and saw it. Looks like an entry-level neutral shoe. They came out with a similar stability model this year, too. Can't beat $25 for a shoe that feels good. It seems like NB keep starting lower-end shoe series, then after a few years discontinuing them. My first shoe was the 845...which was updated to the 846, then after that shoe they eliminated the series altogether. Here you can see what NB will be coming out with in the coming months...doesn't look like any replacement for that shoe. Maybe try the 757 once the 758 comes out...?

Getting the wind knocked out of you is the only way to

remind your lungs how much they like the taste of air.    

~ Sarah Kay

Can't beat $25 for a shoe that feels good. ---- Maybe try the 757 once the 758 comes out...?
        Thks.....ill run in them tomorrow.........I really wish NB would change things a little slower......... i can't imagine they could make a shoe better then the 1062 (I now have one pair that I run in and 2 in the box)......the 1063's are probably really good too, but its hard to change when you find something that really works..... But when you find that occassional $25 deal, you just have to try them out... Thks for then Info Zoomie....

zoom-zoom

rectumdamnnearkilledem

Yeah, I think NB is coming out with new models like every 6-9 months. Sheesh.

~ Sarah Kay

Zoomie -- Just so you know, I ran three miles today in my NB 757's and they were OK...not great but OK. They aren't as sturdy or have the same comfort level as do the 1062's but they were a decent lower grade shoe and could be worn for the shorter weekday easy run. OF course at the low low price of $25 they also can save some pretty good money. I have a feeling they will all be gone soon and we'll never see them again....

zoom-zoom

rectumdamnnearkilledem

I wonder if the 757 wasn't well received. Seems like they just replaced the 755 (was there a 756?) less than a year ago and I think the next update might already be out (I'm guessing it is if you found those shoes in an outlet).

~ Sarah Kay

Just walked out the door of the local new balance store with a new pair of 859s and 903s for $130 total. Damn. I feel like I robbed them. Anyone have any opinions of the new 904? Supposedly it's a different last?
                For message board success, follow these three easy steps in the correct order: 1) Read, 2) Comprehend, 3) Post.
                zoom-zoom

rectumdamnnearkilledem

Anyone have any opinions of the new 904? Supposedly it's a different last?
                  I have a pair on order, since I'm over halfway through my last 2 pair of 902s (didn't like the 903's upper and stocked-up on the 902). I have a pair of the 769s that use the same new last that the 904s are using. It's OK. I'm not sure it's an improvement over the SL-1 last used in most of the other NB stability shoes prior to this year. It's longer and narrower in the forefoot, so the wides are not so wide anymore. Fine if I wear a thin sock, but I had heavier socks on for my last long run and ended up with a blister on my little toe where it rubbed against my 4th toe--even with Blister Shield powder. Shit, I didn't even have a single blister after my marathon in my 902s, but 17 miles in the 769 and I have blister issues and hot spots. I think part of the problem is too many overlays in the forefoot, too, so they don't stretch as much to allow for foot swelling and toe spreading. Looks like the 904 doesn't have quite so many stiff plastic overlays on the forefoot. The PL-1 (that's the new last) is also semi-curved, instead of straight. If I wanted a semi-curved shoe I'd buy a semi-curved shoe. NB used to be about the only company with a straight last, but now I'm not sure anyone makes stability shoes with straight lasts. Meh.

~ Sarah Kay

Anyone have any opinions of the new 904? Supposedly it's a different last?
                    NB has a new last, and it is listed here for the 904. It seems that the PL-1 last is in use for any of the models that previously used the SL-1 last. I love the 1062, I hope the PL-1 used for the 1063 works as well for me. The feedback I've seen on the PL-1 has been overwhelmingly positive, but with any change it's going to work well for some and not so well for others.

E.J.
                    Greater Lowell Road Runners
                    Cry havoc and let slip the dawgs of war!

May the road rise to meet you, may the wind be always at your back, may the sun shine warm upon your SPF30, may the rains fall soft upon your sweat-wicking hat, and until you hit the finish line may The Flying Spaghetti Monster hold you in the hollow of His Noodly Appendage.

Well it's good to hear that the PL-1 is designed as an improvement to the SL-1 --- I assumed that they were moving the 904 to their racing last which means it wouldn't be available in my size. As long as NB keeps making wide toe boxes and skinny heels, and not priced ridiculously (SAUCONY HURRICANE), I'll keep buyin them.
                      For message board success, follow these three easy steps in the correct order: 1) Read, 2) Comprehend, 3) Post.