How to stretch: front-outside shin muscle? (Read 3053 times)

stadjak

Interval Junkie --Nobby

Yep, Blue Emu and (probably more importantly) calf massages -- problem solved.  Every time it sprouts up a bit, I just massage and it goes away.  Whatever you do, don't foam-roller it.

G'luck!

2021 Goals: 50mpw 'cause there's nothing else to do

Not sure if this is the area you're trying to stretch or not but is worth a try as it works an area I can't get with any other stretch and I had shin tightness issues for years,

Stand feet shoulder width apart. Scrunch your toes on both feet so you are standing on you toes and heels then roll both feet outwards, then bend over and attempt to touch the floor.  I get this great stretch right along the outside of the shin bone.

runnershawn

Thanks!! have been trying everything and was able to run today, hopefully it is on the mend

weight

Poorly html-tagged spam.

Yep, Blue Emu and (probably more importantly) calf massages -- problem solved.  Every time it sprouts up a bit, I just massage and it goes away.  Whatever you do, don't foam-roller it.

G'luck!

Stadjak- why are you not supposed to foam roll it? Is it that much different from  regular massage? Just curious because I do, and if this is bad, I would like to know! (Thanks, random spammer, for bumping the thread and potentially saving me from front-shin-massage-related doom)