Auto Centre functionality on 'new route' creation - what do you think... (Read 413 times)

Neil Gunn

Gandalf the Grey

Hi All

As you know, Running Ahead was recently updated to provide us all with whole load of great new functionality (thanks Eric!).

One thing that changed a lot was the mapping/elevation etc for new routes and many of these new features are really excellent.

However - one thing that changed is how 'auto centre' works when you create a new route. In the past the old system used to re-centre after each point was added so that the user can see all around the last point added to the route. The new release only auto-centres when the last point is much closer to the edge of the visible map.

From a personal viewpoint I feel that the older way was better than the new way but before asking for this to be put back to the way it was I thought I'd post here to see what others think.

What do people think?

Neil

Modified to correct typos!

Running ... just keep running!

Trent

Good Bad & The Monkey

I find that the previous way could be disorienting when the map moves with each click.  I like the change Big grin

I turn it off -- I like to move the map myself.  (Yes, I have control issues.)  I know which direction I'm heading as I map, and I like to see the roads in that direction.  Every time it auto-centers, I see less of the upcoming region than I'd prefer.  And zooming out makes some of the roads hard to click on.

"I want you to pray as if everything depends on it, but I want you to prepare yourself as if everything depends on you."

-- Dick LeBeau