Sneaky but dangerous: Editing old workout can permanently lose equipment info (Read 479 times)

JoeO

Hi Eric, So I am consolidating my old courses to get far below 900 and I stumbled across a minor problem that can cause you to lose information permanently. 1. Edit an old workout that involves a shoe that is "retired" 2. Note that nothing shows up in the "equipment" drop down. This makes sense since the shoe is retired. 3. Make some unrelated change to the workout (i.e. course!) and save it The shoe information is now permanently lost Even if I "unretire" the shoe and edit the workout, it no longer knows what shoe was used for that workout. The only way I can safely do this is to manually "unretire" the shoe and THEN edit the workout. I am going to basically "unretire" all my old shoes so I will not lose this information as I edit things. Not a biggie but certainly a sneaky problem. Maybe always include the shoe used in the equipment drop down even if it is retired? (Info IE7, latest version. Windows XP, latest service pack, etc.)
    eric :)

Hi Joe, Thank you for the bug report. I have found and fixed the problem. I'll upload it when I get a chance. In regards to your courses, I don't think it's realistic to prune them for you since you have so many. I'll add a bit of code to reduce the number of courses returned on the search form so it'll load faster. Eventually, I'll hook it up to ajax so that it'll automatically load the relevant courses. eric :-)
      JoeO

Thanks Eric. No worries. I'm going to trim them manually. I have so many variations on the same course I can probably get it down to under 200
        eric :)

hi Joe, I uploaded the fix to this problem. Let me know if it doesn't load the shoe properly. eric :-)