10/21 Des Moines Marathon (Read 540 times)

Marquess of Utopia

Is anyone else planning on running in the Des Moines Marathon? It looks like the threat of flooding has subsided. I'm excited this will be my first!!!!

Another Passion

Good luck! Have an awesome race!

Rick
      "The will to win means nothing without the will to prepare." - Juma Ikangaa
      "I wanna go fast." Ricky Bobby
      runningforcassy.blogspot.com

GOOD LUCK!!!!

Your toughness is made up of equal parts persistence and experience. You don't so much outrun your opponents as outlast and outsmart them, and the toughest opponent of all is the one inside your head." - Joe Henderson

Marquess of Utopia

What a race! I'm so glad I finished! That was the hardest thing I have ever done. My goal at mile one: 3:10:00 Half split: 1:34:38 I was on pace until mile 16 then wham! Updated goal at mile 18: to finish Smile Overall time: 3:44:02
            What a race! I'm so glad I finished! That was the hardest thing I have ever done. My goal at mile one: 3:10:00 Half split: 1:34:38 I was on pace until mile 16 then wham! Updated goal at mile 18: to finish Smile Overall time: 3:44:02
            Nice on-the-fly adjustments, congratulations on a job well done! Have a schwarzbier for me.

E.J.
            Greater Lowell Road Runners
            Cry havoc and let slip the dawgs of war!

May the road rise to meet you, may the wind be always at your back, may the sun shine warm upon your SPF30, may the rains fall soft upon your sweat-wicking hat, and until you hit the finish line may The Flying Spaghetti Monster hold you in the hollow of His Noodly Appendage.

Lazy idiot

Nice job, dude. Was the weather okay?

Tick tock

Marquess of Utopia

The weather wasn't too bad, the high during the race was 70 degrees.

Another Passion

Nicely done! Congratulations!

Rick
                  "The will to win means nothing without the will to prepare." - Juma Ikangaa
                  "I wanna go fast." Ricky Bobby
                  runningforcassy.blogspot.com

zoom-zoom

rectumdamnnearkilledem

You finished, and with a very respectable time! Enjoy your post-race relaxation and take it easy this week. Smile k

Getting the wind knocked out of you is the only way to

remind your lungs how much they like the taste of air.    

~ Sarah Kay