For Hefty... Not running is bad for your health. ;) (Read 552 times)

Wingz

Professional Noob

http://dailyviews.runnersworld.com/2008/06/non-runner-dies.html?cm_re=HP-_-RW_Daily-_-Non-Runner%20Dies%20While%20Not%20Running
    June 26, 2008 Non-Runner Dies While Not Running A Mississippi man died yesterday while not running in a local marathon. Les Actiff, 43, of Jackson, Miss., collapsed while watching television in his Hattiesburg home. Attempts to revive him failed, and paramedics pronounced him dead at the scene. He was still clutching a bucket of fried chicken. Like 25% of the U.S. population, Actiff was obese. Federal statistics show that nearly a third of U.S. adults 20 years and older are obese; about two-thirds are overweight. Actiff had been a non-runner for more than 20 years, according to his family and friends. Family members were stunned. "I don't get it," said his wife, Bess. "He didn't run all his life. He was always so inactive. And now, this. You just never know, I guess." "At least he died doing what he loved," she added. "Not running." Spectators gathered outside Actiff's home were similarly shocked. "I'll never not run," said one woman. "It's too dangerous." A large man on a scooter, out walking his dog, was more fatalistic: "If you can avoid doing a single positive thing for your health your whole life, just sit around like a lump and eat poorly and then still drop dead... Well, I just don't know. I guess when it's your time, it's your time." Actiff appears to have died from atherosclerotic heart disease, according to Lamar County Coroner Paul Caste. A memorial service is planned for Saturday, at the Pizza Hut off of I-59. Posted at 09:16 AM | Permalink

Roads were made for journeys...

Awe. Some.
        Of course lack of cardiovascular fitness can be a bad thing. I have been trying to increase the miles but now a new problem occurs. About 30 minutes after running my urine is a very reddish color. Blood in urine? It could be something called footstrike hemolysis, where blood cells in the feet are smashed due to the heavy pounding. Black eye Black eye Black eye
          Drink glass of water before the run and your urine should stay yellow. Inside walls of your piss-pipes are rubbing against each other because of lack of fluids to keep the apart. Nothing to worry about, but can be shocking if you take a leak in a woods and the stuff that is coming out from you willy is red, blood red.