What's up RA? (Read 608 times)

Greeting from a long time CoolRunner. Anybody else from So Cal around here?
    MM# 1477
    zoom-zoom

rectumdamnnearkilledem

No, but I love SoCal. I'd love to live near the ocean and not have super hot or super cold weather. Smile

Getting the wind knocked out of you is the only way to

remind your lungs how much they like the taste of air.    

~ Sarah Kay

No, but I love SoCal. I'd love to live near the ocean and not have super hot or super cold weather. Smile
        We're pretty lucky weather wise. I can run in shorts all winter long. Even early in the mornings before the sun is up it rarely gets colder than the low 40s/high 30s. Come on out for a race sometime.
        MM# 1477
        zoom-zoom

rectumdamnnearkilledem

Come on out for a race sometime.
          I really would like to, someday. Too bad the LA Marathon is at a bad time, training-wise. It's in a couple of months, isn't it? Our snowy/icy roads make high mileage training pretty difficult this time of year. Too bad it couldn't be moved back to early Nov. Wink

Getting the wind knocked out of you is the only way to

remind your lungs how much they like the taste of air.    

~ Sarah Kay

Who needs toenails?

Hey arc! Fellow CR here. Smile My sister lives in LA and has been trying to get me out for the LA Marathon. Have you ever run it? I haven't been to California in years so it's probably time to go back for a visit.
              We're pretty lucky weather wise. I can run in shorts all winter long. Even early in the mornings before the sun is up it rarely gets colder than the low 40s/high 30s.
              Bitterly jealous here on the opposite coast. As in bitter cold, it's snowing like crazy at the moment. I've been good about hitting the road anyway, but now this snow is going to hide the ice that is already on the ground. When I got back from my last run, there was an ambulance across the street for a poor man that slipped and hit his head really hard. For a while he didn't know his name or what year it is, even walking at this time of year can be hazardous.

E.J.
              Greater Lowell Road Runners
              Cry havoc and let slip the dawgs of war!

May the road rise to meet you, may the wind be always at your back, may the sun shine warm upon your SPF30, may the rains fall soft upon your sweat-wicking hat, and until you hit the finish line may The Flying Spaghetti Monster hold you in the hollow of His Noodly Appendage.

Hey arc! Fellow CR here. Smile My sister lives in LA and has been trying to get me out for the LA Marathon. Have you ever run it? I haven't been to California in years so it's probably time to go back for a visit.
                Hey there - good to "see" a familiar face! I'm not sure you and zoom-zoom want my real opinion on the LA Marathon. I've done it twice (2005 & 2006) and have vowed to not do it again until the fixed the course. They changed it last year, making it needlessly point to point and running the 2nd half of the race through industrial wastelands and skid row (complete with extra hills at mile 23). The new course also minimizes the crowd support later in the race. My $.02 is there are better races in So Cal. I just feel that LA misses the mark compared to other big city races. All that said, they still draw 20,000 finishers.
                MM# 1477

Lucy the fatty

Hey arc Smile I'm refugee-ing here, too!! This looks like a cool site, I'm glad to have learned about it, if nothing else!
                  Training for the Canyonlands Half Marathon - March 8th
                  torque

Howdy Cool
                      Where am I? Who am I? How did I end up here?
                      Onward through the fog...
                        more familiar faces - what's up?
                        MM# 1477
                        digreen

Hi arc, Not from So Cal but I am from Cool Running, I think we were teammates in Heavy's Challenge last year. This feels much better than Active phew!
                            Hi arc, Not from So Cal but I am from Cool Running, I think we were teammates in Heavy's Challenge last year. This feels much better than Active phew!
                            Digreen - of course I remember my fellow teammates! OBH - what up amigo?
                            MM# 1477
                            JillieD

Hiiiiiiiiiiiii Arc! Cool place you have found (or at least it seems so so far) At least I don't have to figure out the points system!

dreamer of dreams

Hiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiii! I'm not in socal.. but I just wanted to say hi, anyway.