What does your HUSBAND / WIFE / LOVER hate most about your running? (Read 1795 times)

Coach

My wife hates when I wake her at 5:30 on a Saturday morning while I'm getting ready to go on a long run. I don't mean to! Tell me about some of the other things that drive your partners crazy! http://jbcoaching.blogspot.com/
    My Blog: http://jbcoaching.blogspot.com/ Marathons run: S.F., Boston, St. George, M. of Aviation, Salt Lake City Ultra's run: Big Horn, Squaw Peak, Lean Horse,
      1.) we have to eat good meals almost every day. I demand good food and veggies... 2.) Time.... running extra miles for marathon takes time... and I just can't get those miles in durring my lunch break... (like I could running 3-4 miles a pop)...
        1.) we have to eat good meals almost every day. I demand good food and veggies... 2.) Time.... running extra miles for marathon takes time... and I just can't get those miles in durring my lunch break... (like I could running 3-4 miles a pop)...

Running Dad

At first she had a hard time realizing that everything we did was scheduled around my running schedule. Over the last 18 months things have changed. Now that we have a stroller she looks forward to going out with me. Looks like we got a convert. The only thing is now she wants to go out All The Time! But she was supportive of me and I'll be supportive of her. I'm proud of her.
          Things to do this year:
          Not get an injury
          Things done this year:
          Bi-Lo 5k(Myrtle Beach) : 02.12.10 - 25:??

~Gordo~

My stinky running clothes. I keep them separate and try not to them build up. She absolutely refuses to wash them as well. Other than that, she is very supportive. She doesn't understand it, but she supports it.
            !If you don't...you won't! ~Remember the light at the end of tunnel maybe you~ ~If you choose not to decided, you still have made a choice~
              The expensive race applications.

Kings Canyon NP 07'

She hates most: It is all about me and that I refuse to take a 7 lb chihuaha with me. No

left-right-left-right-repeat

Teresadfp

One day at a time

He loves my hawt body. Can't think of anything he hates about my running! Smile
                    The expensive race applications.
                    Mine are more than offset by the booze reduction compared with a few years ago, when I wasn't running. That, and crappy eating-out, convenience food, ain't as cheap, fun, or "convenient" as homemade food. Um, hate is a strong word, but I suppose, she could do with less blathering.
                    zoom-zoom

rectumdamnnearkilledem

He *says* he hates all the shoes and gear--but he has no room to talk, as he is a cyclist with like 5 bikes. Evil grin

Getting the wind knocked out of you is the only way to

remind your lungs how much they like the taste of air.    

~ Sarah Kay

SMART Approach

Her claims that running is bad for my knees (never had a knee issue) and her claims that I am obsessed/addicted with running (I do 20-25 miles per week). Is that obsessed??? Confused

Run Coach. Recovery Coach. Founder of SMART Approach Training, Coaching & Recovery

Structured Marathon Adaptive Recovery Training

Safe Muscle Activation Recovery Technique

www.smartapproachtraining.com

Eat, Play, Run

Saturday morning long runs. Races. And the money I spend on shoes and other gear.
                            Evil grin That he now considers himself a runner too. Seriously, I think he gave up on the fight and decided to join me in the madness.

Michelle

A Saucy Wench

trying to negotiate time for his biking and karting

I have become Death, the destroyer of electronic gadgets

"When I got too tired to run anymore I just pretended I wasnt tired and kept running anyway" - dd, age 7

JillyBeans

Jiggle, jiggle, jiggle.

he hates the time that it takes away from the family, even though he likes the body and he is proud when I do it....he'd be happier if it didn't take any time.... Smile oh well....
                                "The journey of a thousand miles begins with one step."