Bolt blew it (Read 2037 times)

LedLincoln

not bad for mile 25

Why limit it really?  Better yet, just let them run it wherever they are and mail in their times and award the world championship based on that.

Problem solved.

Next question.

Television coverage might suffer, unless they keep the flames and sharks.

Why limit it really?  Better yet, just let them run it wherever they are and mail in their times and award the world championship based on that.

Problem solved.

Next question.

Good solution, we could televise the judges opening the mail instead of the actual race............ratings probably wouldn't even fall that much.........

Whatever my lot, thou hast taught me to say, It is well, it is well with my soul.

Scout7

Problem solved.

Next question.

Can we start a new series of threads called "Ask Mikey", where we give Mikey our questions and he answers them for us?

Because that would be, like, really cool.  I got a lot of questions.

"run" "2" "eat"

Problem solved.

Next question.

hi, mikey!

i find the sunshine beckons me to open up the gate and dream and dream ~~robbie williams

LedLincoln

not bad for mile 25

Good solution, we could televise the judges opening the mail instead of the actual race............ratings probably wouldn't even fall that much.........

Yes, I meant flames in front of the mailboxes, of course.  Drop the mail in quickly.

xor

I still think 3 in a row should have been called a turkey.

Scout7

I still think 3 in a row should have been called a turkey.

Who you callin' a turkey, turkey?

DanB

There is too much emphasis being put on Blake's "flinch".  Sprinters when they are in the blocks either a) focus down their lane or b) focus on the ground.  B) being the most common as you want to bring your head up with your arm to drive out of the blocks on the gun. 

I ran sprints in HS.  I never would have known if the person in the next block moved, at least until they were headed down the lane.

2013 Goals.......

LedLincoln

not bad for mile 25

Does anyone know if there is a flinch rule over and above crossing the threshold of the sensors in the blocks?  Would waving your arms about be permitted if the blocks didn't detect it?  Just wondering - I agree with you, Dan.

Does anyone know if there is a flinch rule over and above crossing the threshold of the sensors in the blocks?  Would waving your arms about be permitted if the blocks didn't detect it?  Just wondering - I agree with you, Dan.

No they can't move at all once they are in a set position.  We've covered this but I don't blame you for missing it in the quagmire.

Runners run

LedLincoln

not bad for mile 25

No they can't move at all once they are in a set position.  We've covered this but I don't blame you for missing it in the quagmire.

Okay, but there has to be some threshold of movement.  Sigh.  Let's not go there.

"run" "2" "eat"

they certainly cannot move if they're in a quagmire. true dat.

i find the sunshine beckons me to open up the gate and dream and dream ~~robbie williams

Trent

Good Bad & The Monkey

I ran sprints in HS.  I never would have known if the person in the next block moved, at least until they were headed down the lane.

Perhaps, just perhaps, your lack of awareness of your competitors on the starting block is why you are not the fastest man on Earth and Bolt is.

I may be wrong tho.

Smile

Imminent Catastrophe

Yeah, I was DQed for a false start at the Monkey once.

"Able to function despite imminent catastrophe"

"To obtain the air that angels breathe you must come to Tahoe"--Mark Twain

"The most common question from potential entrants is 'I do not know if I can do this' to which I usually answer, 'that's the whole point'.--Paul Charteris, Tarawera Ultramarathon RD.

√ Javelina Jundred Jalloween 2015

Cruel Jewel 50 mile May 2016

Western States 100 June 2016

LedLincoln

not bad for mile 25

Yeah, I was DQed for a false start at the Monkey once.

Caught a glimpse of a monkey coming up from behind?