Make up and racing (Read 645 times)

My legs are killing me

I ran the Hartford 1/2 marathon last week and I noticed there were a few women that raced with make up on. I don't ever remember seeing that before. Is that unusual or do most women wear make for a race?

Run the race God set B4U

I have saw a few in smaller races. I wear the foundation because it has sunblock and it's waterproof.
      5K's (11), Half Marathon (1), Relay Marathon (1), 15K's (2)
        Wearing make up for a race doesn't make sense to me. It's on the same level as prettying up to go to gym. Confused Are you here to workout or find some what to work it with? Anyways, the more lit I get the less icing and ornamentation I like. Big grin Plus it gets in the way and isn't very appealing to my taste buds.

Vim

patarch1

New Haven 08

funny you mention that, I was in Hartford too and as I was walking to start line my girlfriend (who does not run but bikes and does yoga) mentioned that many gals (I chuckle each time I say this word) were wearing a full layer of makeup. I said I had never noticed it before and found it weird. After much thought, here is our explanation: These women are very good at running and do not sweat therefore the makeup does not drip and the race pics are excellent or they are so slow that they do not sweat. That is my snarky explanation not worth two cents but it felt good writing it. On the sweat topic, I have a question: Are people bothered by other people that run without a shirt? I usually keep my shirt for the first mile or two and then toss it because it is full of sweat and I do not want to get sick but I am wondering if it offends people. Patarch1

200 mile bike trip in three days with sleeping gear and change.

Get the Saturday running club back up.

Run below 8 minutes per mile for 6 miles.

#artbydmcbride

Eyeliner and lip gloss are a must at all times! Big grin Shirtless and very sweaty guys can be a hazard if you run too close to them. Dead But I do enjoy the view.....just from a safe distance!

Runners run

Run the race God set B4U

Let us see a pic to determine that Evil grin Just kidding. I am not offended at all, If I was male, I'd take my shirt off too.
              5K's (11), Half Marathon (1), Relay Marathon (1), 15K's (2)
              patarch1

New Haven 08

race pics are soooooooooooo expensive, for hartford, they want $99 (not cents) for the picyure files. that seems to be a juicy business patarch1

Uh...I like looking fashionable on race day but I can't say that I've ever worn makeup. I understand the sunscreen moisturiser/foundation, however. It sucks if you sweat like I do. Makeup is impossible. Eyeliner, mascara and lipstick wouldn't work too well for me. Hmm. I wonder if it makes their photos come out better... I always find it entertaining to see the olympic sprinter women all dolled up for their races. Can't hurt to look beautiful for those incredible 200m dashes right?
                    Are people bothered by other people that run without a shirt?
                    Do you have your nipples and navel pierced?

Vim

zoom-zoom

rectumdamnnearkilledem

Uh...I like looking fashionable on race day but I can't say that I've ever worn makeup. I understand the sunscreen moisturiser/foundation, however. It sucks if you sweat like I do. Makeup is impossible. Eyeliner, mascara and lipstick wouldn't work too well for me. Hmm. I wonder if it makes their photos come out better... I always find it entertaining to see the olympic sprinter women all dolled up for their races. Can't hurt to look beautiful for those incredible 200m dashes right?
                      Ha, yeah...sprinters always look good. The longer the distance, the more like ass runners seem to look (this goes for men and women, it seems). Like you, I can't even do sunscreen, since it gets in my eyes and BURNS. I wear a hat year-round, as a result. At the very least it wicks and keeps my scalp and forehead from burning. I don't even wear moisturizer on race days or if it's really hot out.

Getting the wind knocked out of you is the only way to

remind your lungs how much they like the taste of air.    

~ Sarah Kay

patarch1

New Haven 08

Do you have your nipples and navel pierced? Nope but I guess from your question that would be considered offending Patarch1

True story, my wife had a friend who ran the marathon and stopped in a porta poty to reapply makeup so that she could look good in the photos at the finish line. Roll eyes
                          I'm condemned by a society that demands success when all I can offer is failure. -Max Bialystock
                          Roses Revenge

I hate to admit it, but one of the reasons I've let my hair grow this year is because it looks better in the race pics. That's not necessarily the "official" pics but those my family and friends take also. I use moisturizer with sunscreen and sometimes a little mascara but that's about it.

Marathon Maniac #991 Half Fanatic #58 Double Agent #22  It's a perfect day and I feel great!

I'm guilty of a little bit of eyeliner, but that's it. As for race pictures, I haven't yet figured out how to look like I'm not in pain let alone trying to actually smile as I cross the finish line!

Michelle

Mishka-old log

I thought this was gonna be a thread about marriage problems. Oh well.