23 Marathon's this year. (Read 864 times)

zoom-zoom

rectumdamnnearkilledem

Although it sounded like a neat trick to hunt an animal by running it to death, I'm not sure how efficient it is. Think of all the calories you'll have to expend during the chase, and then having to haul the carcass back to the village!
    No joke! I'd just be calling Pizza Hut for delivery! Tongue k

Getting the wind knocked out of you is the only way to

remind your lungs how much they like the taste of air.    

~ Sarah Kay

Mile Collector

Abs of Flabs

Do they have antelopes on the menu? Tongue
      vicentefrijole

Scott Carrier wrote a book about his experience of running after antelopes (http://archive.salon.com/people/conv/2001/05/21/scott_carrier/index.html).
        All that you just described sounds very very familiar. I suspect that the program I saw was inspired/directed by Carrier. Thanks for providing the details. I agree, there does seem to be something missing in the calorie balance... especially if it takes a group of hunters to run down one animal, then there is an even smaller calorie reward at the end per hunter. (And I still don't know how water/hydration would be managed along the way?) If I had to do this, I think I might have to become a vegetarian (more likely I'd starve). But it's a fascinating idea...
        zoom-zoom

rectumdamnnearkilledem

Do they have antelopes on the menu? Tongue
          Hmmm...antelope pizza topping. I wonder if that would taste like venison...? k

~ Sarah Kay

You'll ruin your knees!

Dean K (mentioned earlier in this post) has been known to pull out his cell phone on a training run, order a pizza delivered to a point on the route he plans to cover, meeting the pizza guy there mid-run, downing the pizza, and continuing on his jaunt... The article didn't mention the type of pizza, perhaps it was antelopchovie with extra cheese... Surprised Shocked Lynn B

""...the truth that someday, you will go for your last run. But not today—today you got to run." - Matt Crownover (after Western States)

zoom-zoom

rectumdamnnearkilledem

The article didn't mention the type of pizza, perhaps it was antelopchovie with extra cheese... Surprised Shocked Lynn B
              I'll just take the cheese, TYVM! Wink k

~ Sarah Kay