Spring Track Season (Read 746 times)

AllForOne

i feel bad bragging and ranting but i guess everyones doing it here Big grin well this spring track season i lowered all my PR's by alot. My 800 went from 2:34 - 2:33 1500 5:19-5:07 Mile-5:46-5:34 3000-11:48-11:06 im really happy becasue i worked really hard for that although im pretty pissed because at our Varsity Dinner they give out Most Improved and MVP and i got neither even though 3 out of 4 coachs said i was supossed to get MVP. MVP went to a girl who didnt work hard, didnt improve, and wasnt very valuable all because that one coach doesnt believe in giving those awards to 8th graders. No
    3rd Time's a charm
    Teresadfp

One day at a time

Congratulations on your improvement! Your hard work shows. Try not to worry about not getting MVP - you'll get recognized eventually if you persevere.
        Wait, you're only in eighth grade? That's good stuff from you. Don't get discouraged, though. I hate to try and sound inspirational (but I will), but I went through the same stuff as you in basketball and baseball. I was WAY better than half the kids on the eighth grade and ninth grade basketball teams, and I didn't make two all-star teams I probably belonged on. But, if it weren't for those two things, I never would have found running. Things have a funny way of working out in the end. You're lucky, you discovered running earlier than me. Keep at it and you are sure to have a hell of a high school career. Awards and stuff aren't important, because that means that when you dominate later on, people will be wicked surprised, and you'll feel good knowing that you made it all that way. I've learned that I don't really want individual glories, and that I'll just keep working hard and proving everyone wrong. Good luck and remember to ignore what the idiots think and just know what the truth is... Good luck next year. If you don't mind, where do you live? I would look forward to seeing you improve in person... of course, odds are you're in California or something (I'm in MA).
        PRs: 1000: 3:01 1 Mile: 4:55 2 Mile: 10:55 2009 Goals: Sub 4:50 mile, 2:50 1000 meter, Good first real XC season
          I would ask you if when you started the season... and trained if you did it for the MVP trophy? Throughout my life I have despised folks who pointed out that something was a product of my age or maturity... so forgive me in advance. You are at an age where you have an increased sensitivity to what is fair and just. It is a stage in development. It is normal. You will not loose that but you will come to be not so outraged by it. The point is (or the one I am trying to make)... your feelings are natural but don't let them control you... don't hold on to that resentment. Try to be happy for "that girl" Being happy for "that girl" may help you release the resentment... Good luck... and BTW you are way faster than me! Keep up the good work!
          AllForOne

Wait, you're only in eighth grade? That's good stuff from you. Don't get discouraged, though. I hate to try and sound inspirational (but I will), but I went through the same stuff as you in basketball and baseball. I was WAY better than half the kids on the eighth grade and ninth grade basketball teams, and I didn't make two all-star teams I probably belonged on. But, if it weren't for those two things, I never would have found running. Things have a funny way of working out in the end. You're lucky, you discovered running earlier than me. Keep at it and you are sure to have a hell of a high school career. Awards and stuff aren't important, because that means that when you dominate later on, people will be wicked surprised, and you'll feel good knowing that you made it all that way. I've learned that I don't really want individual glories, and that I'll just keep working hard and proving everyone wrong. Good luck and remember to ignore what the idiots think and just know what the truth is... Good luck next year. If you don't mind, where do you live? I would look forward to seeing you improve in person... of course, odds are you're in California or something (I'm in MA).
            Im in NY. do you run all 3 seasons? (XC, Winter, Spring)
            3rd Time's a charm
              I'm going to run XC this year, but I didn't last year (figured I'd adjust to Private school/I never ran in my life before). Should be an interesting year, we have some dang good guys in the class of 2011, not to mention the older guys who are good... people are saying we have a shot at state championships in XC...
              PRs: 1000: 3:01 1 Mile: 4:55 2 Mile: 10:55 2009 Goals: Sub 4:50 mile, 2:50 1000 meter, Good first real XC season
              AllForOne

I'm going to run XC this year, but I didn't last year (figured I'd adjust to Private school/I never ran in my life before). Should be an interesting year, we have some dang good guys in the class of 2011, not to mention the older guys who are good... people are saying we have a shot at state championships in XC...
                ok thats good. Good Luck with your season. Your team must be really good if you have a chance at States.
                3rd Time's a charm