Unnecessary warning signs (Read 2819 times)

Imminent Catastrophe

OK, I'm just thinking that after the 1 foot deep sign, the NO DIVING part is not necessary. 

"Able to function despite imminent catastrophe"

"To obtain the air that angels breathe you must come to Tahoe"--Mark Twain

"The most common question from potential entrants is 'I do not know if I can do this' to which I usually answer, 'that's the whole point'.--Paul Charteris, Tarawera Ultramarathon RD.

√ Javelina Jundred Jalloween 2015

Cruel Jewel 50 mile May 2016

Western States 100 June 2016

xor

Hehe.  That's awesome.

This one isn't really unnecessary, but for at least 3 years now, I dunno what the hell to do.

(This is in the town of Hawi on the big island of Hawai'i).

You'll ruin your knees!

A warning on several levels... (Silverton, CO)

""...the truth that someday, you will go for your last run. But not today—today you got to run." - Matt Crownover (after Western States)

At first I thought the diving graphic was a woman with a spikey pony tail.  Now I believe it is a visual of the sound of a breaking neck.  Which is gross but effective.  I will no longer diver head first into a 1-foot pool.  These put the "pop tart may be hot when removing from toaster" warnings to shame.

Which is gross but effective. 

This isn't the one I was looking for, but still pretty effective.

There was one on the fork lifts we used at work that showed a hand being pinched in the mast that was really gross.

You'll ruin your knees!

hmmm...

""...the truth that someday, you will go for your last run. But not today—today you got to run." - Matt Crownover (after Western States)

You'll ruin your knees!

Well, this one actually isn't unnecessary, but still...

The diving one sorta comes across as "No breaking your neck while diving."

....And that grout needs to be cleaned, btw.

A warning on several levels... (Silverton, CO)

I was actually born in Silverton Colorado......probably in that same building......

Champions are made when no one is watching

LedLincoln

not bad for mile 25

That's not the hospital in the background, is it?

#artbydmcbride

Runners run

FastTalkingFatty

At first I thought the diving graphic was a woman with a spikey pony tail.  Now I believe it is a visual of the sound of a breaking neck.  Which is gross but effective.  I will no longer diver head first into a 1-foot pool.  These put the "pop tart may be hot when removing from toaster" warnings to shame.

Me too.  Thanks to your explanation I am now scared straight.

<www.runningahead.com/groups/veggies/

I can't ever remember to take a picture - five weeks with your son in the hospital and you forget things like that.

The lift says - "If elevator stops working, do not be alarmed: Press the Alarm Button"

Well sh*t, I'm pressing the alarm button because I'm alarmed. Don't tell me not to be.
                            keeponrunning

Just for you, zoomy...

Sulphur Springs 50km-- Ancaster, ON-- May 28, 2022

Tally in the Valley 12 hours-- Dundas, ON -- July 30, 2022 (Support SickKids Toronto)

Stokely Creek-- 56km-- Sault Ste. Marie, ON-- Sept. 24, 2022

zoom-zoom

rectumdamnnearkilledem

Just for you, zoomy...

Ha, we have one of those near us that has had some sort of bug...it doesn't display the 5th letter of any word.  I thought they might as well not have it posted at all (since it's not actually alerting to anything all that drastic in terms of traffic flow, anyhow)...or that they should give me the defective sign so that I could have fun with it. Big grin

Getting the wind knocked out of you is the only way to

remind your lungs how much they like the taste of air.    

~ Sarah Kay