Unnecessary warning signs (Read 2819 times)

sorry but do not have a photo, but while out  running yesterday and entering a watershed preserve (my favorite easily accessible trail running place) saw this notice.

DONT DISMISS THIS!

DO NOT WEAR CALVIN KLEIN"S "OBSESSION" IN THE WOODS

THE BEARS WILL SMELL YOU AND LOVE ON YOU

This was posted next to a sign warning people that a bear had been spotted in the watershed recently.  Thinking about this made me realize that maybe it is not really an "unnecessary" warning sign.  But still funny.  There is another closeby county park where I occassionly do some trail running (lots of hills) where there is a sign warning people about the naked man that has been seen running here.  This is also a true story that has been in local papers.  Spotted several different times by different people.  I have not seen the bear or naked man.  If I had the choice would rather run into the bear!

keeponrunning

Here is an example of a lazy Parks and Recreation department:

WARNING: TRAILS CLOSED SEASONALLY DUE TO FLOODING

The only problem is, the only time that trail floods is in the late winter/early spring when the melting snow causes the river to swell.  It is late August and that sign is still there.  I've lived in this city my whole life, and not once has the river flooded in the summer.

Sulphur Springs 50km-- Ancaster, ON-- May 28, 2022

Tally in the Valley 12 hours-- Dundas, ON -- July 30, 2022 (Support SickKids Toronto)

Stokely Creek-- 56km-- Sault Ste. Marie, ON-- Sept. 24, 2022

Just like shooting fish in a barrel
        LedLincoln

not bad for mile 25

There is another closeby county park where I occassionly do some trail running (lots of hills) where there is a sign warning people about the naked man that has been seen running here.

Maybe he's on RA.  C'mon, you know who you are.  Fess up!

I can't post the picture, but the following sign was posted in the guest house I recently stayed at in Central Asia. I love the last line... (and note the bad English).

Level four (4) - Red Level 2

-Do according to Emergency evacuation guidelines as instructed by regional Team Leader

-Personnel who want to leave the region if the situation further deteriorated should leave now

Level five (5) - Red Level 3

-The organization to follow the emergency and evacuation guidelines

-Lie low. There is no opportunity to evacuate

Imminent Catastrophe

This might be an issue for Trent, but not for me because my hair is about 1/3 inch long. I feel safe around hair dryers.

"Able to function despite imminent catastrophe"

"To obtain the air that angels breathe you must come to Tahoe"--Mark Twain

"The most common question from potential entrants is 'I do not know if I can do this' to which I usually answer, 'that's the whole point'.--Paul Charteris, Tarawera Ultramarathon RD.

√ Javelina Jundred Jalloween 2015

Cruel Jewel 50 mile May 2016

Western States 100 June 2016

xor

No way.

Trent is the smartest guy here.

zoom-zoom

rectumdamnnearkilledem

No way.

Trent is the smartest guy here.

Funning at my expense.  OK.  Sorry if I somehow inadvertently kicked your techie ego, yesterday, but Trent is a beta tester (sort of the "alpha" beta tester, in some ways) and has already gone round with Eric over the URL handling issue and finding it to not be intuitive.  Trent's not exactly lacking in knowledge of HTML coding or how to effectively implement web design and coding.

Getting the wind knocked out of you is the only way to

remind your lungs how much they like the taste of air.    

~ Sarah Kay

xor

Um.

Ok.

Imminent Catastrophe

Funning at my expense.  OK.  Sorry if I somehow inadvertently kicked your techie ego, yesterday, but Trent is a beta tester (sort of the "alpha" beta tester, in some ways) and has already gone round with Eric over the URL handling issue and finding it to not be intuitive.  Trent's not exactly lacking in knowledge of HTML coding or how to effectively implement web design and coding.

Confused

"The most common question from potential entrants is 'I do not know if I can do this' to which I usually answer, 'that's the whole point'.--Paul Charteris, Tarawera Ultramarathon RD.

xor

Yesterday, I posted that I was having issues with the link button in the editor.  I still am.  Randomly.  Occasionally.  There's a bug out there, I'm sure of it.

However, because the link button (when working properly) has changed enough from the previous versions as to be not-as-intuitive, zoom-zoom reasonably thought that perhaps I didn't understand the functionality, and explained it to me.  Which is cool, no worries.  Along came Pete (over-the-hill) and editorialized something which... important to this derail... I did not say.

But it was ended, somewhat humorously (to me), that the functionality had tripped up folks... even Trent.

I thought that was funny.

Turns out it came from beta testing stuff which I have absolutely zero visibility to.  I still think it is funny.

Heh, lotsa smrt people have had issues with the editor...including Trent. Tongue

Imminent Catastrophe

xor

As for this specific thing:

"Trent's not exactly lacking in knowledge of HTML coding or how to effectively implement web design and coding."

For the record, I never said he was.  In fact, the concept that he might be The Man regarding these topics is perfectly fine by me.  A lot has been loaded into stuff I never said nor thought.

Trent

Good Bad & The Monkey

I like monkeys.

A Saucy Wench

There is hysteria on both sides of the Trent is the smartest guy in the world theory.

I have become Death, the destroyer of electronic gadgets

"When I got too tired to run anymore I just pretended I wasnt tired and kept running anyway" - dd, age 7