Unnecessary warning signs (Read 2819 times)

xor

I don't get it either.  orderw?

Oh wait.  It is worder.  Got it.  Not being familiar with accents in that part of the world put me at a disadvantage.  And today's race make hard for think.

Jazz hands!

Hehe.  That's awesome.

This one isn't really unnecessary, but for at least 3 years now, I dunno what the hell to do.

(This is in the town of Hawi on the big island of Hawai'i).

Somewhere in Los Angeles, there's a section of street marked "10 Hour Parking, 8am - 6pm." Thanks, sign!

run run run AHHHHHH run run run

Jazz hands!

Assuming this = what 'sconnies call a bubbler...?

I know it's a New England thing, too. They also have some crazy nomenclature for milkshakes.

run run run AHHHHHH run run run
        zoom-zoom

rectumdamnnearkilledem

I know it's a New England thing, too. They also have some crazy nomenclature for milkshakes.

I love regional dialect stuff.

Getting the wind knocked out of you is the only way to

remind your lungs how much they like the taste of air.    

~ Sarah Kay

ymmv

Sort of a homophone (at least for people with non-traditional pronunciation, ie those who pronounce water as warter) for 'Out of Water'...? Confused

that's from Balmer, Marelan, where Santa comes down the chimley, Hon.

an amazing likeness

Perhaps you are making reference to the Frappe? No?  Of course, a Frappe is not a milkshake.  They seem to be similar, but so do a lot of wines and we don't just run around calling them all 'fermented grape juice' now, do we.

Acceptable at a dance, invaluable in a shipwreck.

And he vacations downy ohshin.

Purdey

Self anointed title

I can't post pics at the moment due to some firewall crap at work, but there was an awesome sign I saw on the interwebs once which simply said, "Warning - this sign has sharp edges". Pure genius.

Half Fanatic #846

I live in the south, and was at the liberry yesterday looking a little lost - the lady at the desk asked "mepya?"  (Can you think of any other four words with only two syllables?).

"I don't always roll a joint, but when I do, it's usually my ankle" - unk.         "Frankly autocorrect, I'm getting a bit tired of your shirt".                  I ran half my last race on my left foot!                                  

This one isn't unnecessary, but it's pretty funny.  Along US Hwy 191, in Utah, between Blanding and Monticello. 

Menace to Sobriety

'nuff said!

Janie, today I quit my job. And then I told my boss to go f*** himself, and then I blackmailed him for almost sixty thousand dollars. Pass the asparagus.

Nice touch with his frayed spine dangling from both ends of his body.  It's subtle and understated yet effective. 

Oh roo roooo!

I saw that "do not taunt the octopus" one several months ago and was so overcome by the weirdness of it that I had to make it my desktop...now my sis and I refer to any potentially risky behavior as "taunting the octopus."

xor

This is a completely necessary piece of info, but I think it is very funny.

Want to register for Sunday's Omaha Marathon and wait until the last second?  No problem, but you better write this down.

Registration for the Omaha Marathon ends "Friday, September 24, 2010 @ 3:53 PM"

So don't wait until 3:54 or you will be SOL.

3:53?