Accumulated climb (Read 1428 times)

Hi! I do my running mostly across mountain trails, and one variable I find interesting is the accumulated climb of each run. Is it possible to include this variable, along with the usual distance/time/heart rate/temperature, etc? It would also be fine if that variable could be computed from uploaded gps tracks, wen this feature becomes available. Thanks in advance and, again, thanks for RunningAhead.
    eric :)

Hi José, This maybe a little too specific for most users, but, it could be a good example of a custom field. I've been thinking about how to do something like this. I'll see if I can come up with something for the next version of the training log. eric Smile
        OK, thanks! It's not that important for me either Smile. José
          I would appreciate this feature very much. Virtually all of my running is done on trails and I believe that the elevation gain is equally important, if not more important than total distance for my training purposes. Thanks Jarrod

Just keep running...

I think this would be an excellent feature, I agree with cjregan that it is at least as important as distance in my training runs. Also I think it would be fun to have a 50k ft group, like the mileage groups.
            corrade

Valet Parking

This is hugely important. I run primarily in the mountains and am logging my vertical climb. Currently I log my daily climb on paper and do a weekly entry. I have to enter it in yards, and the Summary page shows it as fractions of a mile. It isn't working out. I was hoping to get the daily/weekly/monthly climb in feet at a glance to help avoid overtraining, setting and meeting weekly goals. Now I log it and I can see I've climbed 5 miles this year. At least adding feet as a possible distance unit would help. Mountain Running is a growing niche in the sport and I know a few other runners who don't even log distance anymore, just duration and climb.
              markc123

I value this more for my cycling than running, but thats just cos I avoid hills when running at the moment! Would be very nice if you could add this Cool
                  I agree this would be a great feature.
                    I would appreciate this feature very much. Virtually all of my running is done on trails and I believe that the elevation gain is equally important, if not more important than total distance for my training purposes. Thanks Jarrod
                    I couldn't agree more. Lack of elevation gain is actually why I stopped using this (and all other) online logs and went back to my excel spreadsheets. - Chris
                    jlang

Instead of a field for climb, it would make more sense to add it as a custom field that can be named by the user, kind of like how different workouts can be named per user. Not enough may want to track accumulated climb, but there could be enough users who'd like to graph/track "something" .