Seeking Fat Acceptance (Read 3395 times)

AmoresPerros

Options,Account, Forums

I had a dr. appointment in January and weighed 178, came back late May and weighed 137 and the doctor or nurse didn't say anything. I was almost mad that they didn't comment on it.

Wow. Assuming you didn't just run a 100miler and get very dangerously dehydrated, immense congratulations!

It's a 5k. It hurt like hell...then I tried to pick it up. The end.

KBT

Easily Amused

Usually "TWOP" means Television Without Pity.  It is a site that recaps shows and has a very fervent forum community that discusses the shows at a level regular people might not believe.  BL is very active over there.  So are Survivor and Amazing Race.  If you are into those shows, it's actually quite amazing what you can learn... but in the forums, you have to wade through a lot of crap to find the gold nuggets.

When Dane got unmasked for cheating in the marathon, it was pretty amazing to watch how it unfolded in the BL forum.

I dunno if that's what was meant here, but I bet so.

Yep, that's it. New to BL and sometimes just read the recaps when I've missed it. I'd only seen "Dr. Phillian" reference in there, so I was curious how widespread that is. 

You're right, the level with which they discuss shows is kind of staggering sometimes.  Reminded me of my Lit. Crit./Theory classes, which I loved.

Excellent analogy! Which is why I usually stick to the recaps of stuff. Because now I'm too busy running and reading here to be watching much TV.

My blog: http://www.follyorfeasible.com
      KBT

Easily Amused

You ARE doing the right thing, if you want it to last!  I was really good at losing weight through dieting along, but I always gained it back within a year.  It was only when I started running and dieting that the weight came off and STAYED OFF.  So keep up the great work!

Thank you. It's hard to be around day to day, but come December they'll be pretty darn sick of seeing my half-marathon medal ... lol.

My blog: http://www.follyorfeasible.com

A Saucy Wench

Usually "TWOP" means Television Without Pity.  It is a site that recaps shows and has a very fervent forum community that discusses the shows at a level regular people might not believe.  BL is very active over there.  So are Survivor and Amazing Race.  If you are into those shows, it's actually quite amazing what you can learn... but in the forums, you have to wade through a lot of crap to find the gold nuggets.

When Dane got unmasked for cheating in the marathon, it was pretty amazing to watch how it unfolded in the BL forum.

I dunno if that's what was meant here, but I bet so.

Oh.  YEah, I usually do read the BL recaps there.  They are funny.  This weeks was really good.

I have become Death, the destroyer of electronic gadgets

"When I got too tired to run anymore I just pretended I wasnt tired and kept running anyway" - dd, age 7

I skimmed over some of these replies...

What about seeking skinny acceptance?

I have been told one too many times I am too skinny by some 30 pound overweight person...my response now?  "You are too fat" with the exact same intonation...

"Oh, have you lost more weight?" (said by 40 pound overweight acquaintance) - "No, have you gained more weight?"

Why is it ok for someone to point out that they think someone is too thin (to their face) & yet it is a huge no-no for someone to point out that someone is overweight? ARGH.

Yes I run, yes I eat, yes I am tall & yes, I am thin. Get over it, fatty.

Off my soapbox. 

Trent

Good Bad & The Monkey

I have been told one too many times I am too skinny by some 30 pound overweight person...my response now?  "You are too fat" with the exact same intonation...

"Oh, have you lost more weight?" (said by 40 pound overweight acquaintance) - "No, have you gained more weight?"

Why is it ok for someone to point out that they think someone is too thin (to their face) & yet it is a huge no-no for someone to point out that someone is overweight? ARGH.

Off my soapbox. 

Candice, is that you?

No...! Glad to read someone else gets it though! Candice, where are you?!

A Saucy Wench

Candice, is that you?

ha.

did you not notice the MOM part?

I have become Death, the destroyer of electronic gadgets

"When I got too tired to run anymore I just pretended I wasnt tired and kept running anyway" - dd, age 7

Wow. Assuming you didn't just run a 100miler and get very dangerously dehydrated, immense congratulations!

Heh, thanks :P I really just have a small build and I had taken 2 years off of almost all exercising for an injury.. soon as I went back to running it literally dropped off.

xor

That must have been messy.

Yeah my shower floor looked just like the bottom of the dog's meat container X_X
                        LiliGo

Off my soapbox. 

I get the too skinny thing too, but I don't find it offensive, but it's true that what is good for the goose...

And of course I get the "you are so lucky...." from the same people who tell me that I run too much ( truth be told I was thinner when I was couch potato, but that is not the point). 

But I don't have anything against overweight people, on the contrary, maybe because most I know have been dieting and fighting it all their lives, so even if they haven't succeed I know it has been a struggle and I can certainly feel their pain . 

xor

I get the too skinny thing too, but I don't find it offensive, but it's true that what is good for the goose...

And of course I get the "you are so lucky...." from the same people who tell me that I run too much ( truth be told I was thinner when I was couch potato, but that is not the point). 

But I don't have anything against overweight people, on the contrary, maybe because most I know have been dieting and fighting it all their lives, so even if they haven't succeed I know it has been a struggle and I can certainly feel their pain . 

Based on follow-up responses, the thing you responded to seems to have been a coded message between residents of "The Swamp" (one of the user groups here with their own message board and clique) and may or may not have been sincere.  I dunno for sure.

Trent

Good Bad & The Monkey

Nope.

However, the thing that was responded to was pretty close to something a certain Swampie would be expected to say.

Except, perhaps, for the mom part.

The one thing I love about being a big runner(6'3" 255lbs currently) is beating the skinny people in the races. They've gotta be thinking did that fat ass just beat me?Smile. When they beat me it's no biggie. They most likely weigh 100lbs less than me.