SkeeterMC 10K Race Report (Read 477 times)

Dave

Alright Skeeter. I've been waiting for it. Cough it up.

I ran a mile and I liked it, liked it, liked it.

dgb2n@yahoo.com

Hey Dave! Sorry I didn't see this. Everyone was giving their MCM reports, I felt kinda lame for just doing the 10k Tongue But it was sooo much fun! My sister lives in Baltimore so we picked up my race packet on saturday and hung around the expo for a while. (I've never been to one before) Got my really sweet but massive shirt and saw all the hawt marines ha ha Big grin Sunday we got to the bus loading spot ~6.30 and arrived at the start point just in time to watch the marathoners start off. It was so cool to see all of them going! Then my race started 20 minutes after. The weather was so perfect also which was nice. I had looked at the elevation map briefly before and saw two big mountainous looking regions so I was dreading those all through the race. Afterwards I realized they both had an elevation gain of like 100 ft which was why I never noticed them! lol. So anyways, I put myself in the 50 min finishing corral, but somehow ended up in the 40min. Oh well. I had decided I was going to kinda go all out and not start out slow like I had done in my HM. So I ended up passing a ton of people starting out and was wondering if I could hold my pace. Then some chick started passing me after I had passed her and it kind of ticked me off so I ended up holding my pace heehee. The announcer dude asked which people were hoping to run the marathon next year and I definitely raised my hand. The course was pretty easy and flat, only that slope near the finish. The only part I didn't like was how we had to pass the finish line loop around and then come back to the end point. I was so excited when I saw the banners and then had to keep running past them! It was a great race though, there were lots of cheering people on the sidelines. I'm definitely glad I ran this one, I think it was more fun than my HM just because it was so big. It was cool to see the mile numbers for the marathon and as I was passing 24 and 26 I was thinking how it would feel to really be running past mile marking 26! So I finished in 52.06 which I thought was pretty good for me, seeing as I usually don't run that fast lol! These were my other stats just cause I'm proud of them: Smile Field Placement: 495 / 3633 (13.6%) Group Placement: 24 / 238 (10.1%) Gender Placement: 156 / 2228 (7%) Next year I'm definitely aiming for the marathon (after the pittsburgh marathon of course!) But you had an awesome time! (I read your race report) Congrats!!

Dave

Nice job, Skeeter. Every race report counts Big grin Glad you had a good experience and a top 10% placement is nothing to sneeze at. Those are some sweet shirts. Now you just need to stay away from the Pentagon until you're a Major. Tongue

I ran a mile and I liked it, liked it, liked it.

dgb2n@yahoo.com

AmoresPerros

Options,Account, Forums

Nice race report - thanks -- that is the only one I've read from the 10K, so it was nice to hear what it was like.

It's a 5k. It hurt like hell...then I tried to pick it up. The end.

I had looked at the elevation map briefly before and saw two big mountainous looking regions so I was dreading those all through the race. Afterwards I realized they both had an elevation gain of like 100 ft which was why I never noticed them! lol. that's cuz you live in da burg. great race! congrats!
              Thanks guys!! Dave, those are sweet shirts! I just wish mine didn't go down to my knees Roll eyes But I still wear it lol. Amores, I take it you ran the mcm? You had an awesome time Smile Dan, ha ha indeed, I know. I have to get my butt out and stop avoiding the hills here (which is actually sort of impossible.) Hey, I think I'm going to join the running group you told me about at the start of the year. Maybe it'll help getting ready for pgh marathon?
                Yeah, do it. As i said: tech shirt, discounts, race entries covered and we will be having marathon triaining and pacing groups. elite runners and walkers.