Cheap neutral shoes (for 55mi per week) (Read 619 times)

Black-Toe-Nailed

Any tip for a cheap road shoe for a neutral runner doing 55 miles / week ?

My K-Swiss Ultra Natural II are rapidly reaching the 500mi barrier and my budget is rather low this season. I have seen some models under 50 EUR like Nike Dart IX, the Mizuno Crusader 5 and the Saucony Grid Tuned. I need them basically for the medium and long runs on the ropad and for the marathon races, for speed intervals and the races below half marathon I use racing flats.

Thanks for the advice !!

--

"If one can stick to the training throughout the many long years,
    then will power is no longer a problem. It's raining? That doesn't matter.
    I am tired? That's besides the point. It's simply that I just have to."

Emil Zatopek

DoppleBock

I always buy my shoes in the last years model - I watch when the new model comes out - I keep a daily watch on internet and usually can get my Asic 1100s (Maybe 1140s now) list price of $69 USD for 39-49 USD.  I then buy enough for the next year.

http://a-big-horse.blogspot.com/ 

2013 Goals ~ Mar < 3:00, 5M < 29, 10k < 35  

I always buy my shoes in the last years model - I watch when the new model comes out - I keep a daily watch on internet and usually can get my Asic 1100s (Maybe 1140s now) list price of $69 USD for 39-49 USD.  I then buy enough for the next year.

How many pairs would that be for a mileage maniac such as yourself?

The pain that hurts the worse is the imagined pain. One of the most difficult arts of racing is learning to ignore the imagined pain and just live with the present pain (which is always bearable.) - Jeff

2013 Goals:

5k = sub 21:00

HM = sub 100 minutes

Run = 3650 / 2 miles

Bike = 3500 miles

Swim = 150 miles

Race 1st HIM