Screw the balaclava, this is truly essential gear (Read 1315 times)

MTA: I thought it was funny, what can I say?Roll eyes Cold gear

zoom-zoom

rectumdamnnearkilledem

But shrinkage is funny. There are few things that make me guffaw like the sight of Mr. Happy doing his darndest to try to absorb himself into hubby's groin after a Winter bike ride. Evil grin You don't want to rob your wife or SO of that source of comedy. Big grin

Getting the wind knocked out of you is the only way to

remind your lungs how much they like the taste of air.    

~ Sarah Kay

You don't want to rob your wife or SO of that source of comedy. Big grin
        Did you catch this comment?
        I had the same problem, so I had my wife sew a small fleece pouch into a pair of briefs, I can slip one of those air-activated charcoal hand warmers in there. Nice and toasty without as much bulge, and the fleece alone helps keep you nice and warm.
        That's love, apparently she's concerned about maintaining full functionality. Sounds damned good to me.

E.J.
        Greater Lowell Road Runners
        Cry havoc and let slip the dawgs of war!

May the road rise to meet you, may the wind be always at your back, may the sun shine warm upon your SPF30, may the rains fall soft upon your sweat-wicking hat, and until you hit the finish line may The Flying Spaghetti Monster hold you in the hollow of His Noodly Appendage.

zoom-zoom

rectumdamnnearkilledem

That's love, apparently she's concerned about maintaining full functionality. Sounds damned good to me.
          She's a sucka. Evil grin Girly bits get cold, too. Compression shorts over my tights is good stuff. DH has actually been known to put some of those self-heating packs in his pants (between layers, not on bare skin, which could actually burn) when he rides outdoors and it's below freezing. Tongue

~ Sarah Kay

Funny article. Although it's not very funny when it happens to you. I learned my lesson & it only took one time. Below 20 degrees & a pair of shorts go over the running tights. Shrinkage happens but, frostbite sucks.
            xor

Screwing baclava is a bit too close to American Pie.

zoom-zoom

rectumdamnnearkilledem

Screwing baclava is a bit too close to American Pie.
                I think baklava would chafe.

~ Sarah Kay

DH has actually been known to put some of those self-heating packs in his pants (between layers, not on bare skin, which could actually burn) when he rides outdoors and it's below freezing. Tongue
                  I'm thinking a jock strap with the pocket for a cup would keep the warmer pack positioned for optimal toastiness. The search is on for a wicking fleece jock strap.

E.J.
                  Greater Lowell Road Runners
                  Cry havoc and let slip the dawgs of war!

May the road rise to meet you, may the wind be always at your back, may the sun shine warm upon your SPF30, may the rains fall soft upon your sweat-wicking hat, and until you hit the finish line may The Flying Spaghetti Monster hold you in the hollow of His Noodly Appendage.

zoom-zoom

rectumdamnnearkilledem

I'm thinking a jock strap with the pocket for a cup would keep the warmer pack positioned for optimal toastiness. The search is on for a wicking fleece jock strap.
                    Invent it...you could probably get wealthy--I'm only semi-kidding. Big grin

~ Sarah Kay

Dunottar

That looks like a 'must have' piece of winter gear....just what I've been looking for. Does it come in size XXXL?
                      zoom-zoom

rectumdamnnearkilledem

*rimshot*

~ Sarah Kay

But shrinkage is funny. There are few things that make me guffaw like the sight of Mr. Happy doing his darndest to try to absorb himself into hubby's groin after a Winter bike ride. Evil grin You don't want to rob your wife or SO of that source of comedy. Big grin
                          Zoomie - I'm pretty sure that you're really twisted.........

Champions are made when no one is watching

zoom-zoom

rectumdamnnearkilledem

Zoomie - I'm pretty sure that you're really twisted.........
                            You are only now figuring this out...? Evil grin

~ Sarah Kay

You are only now figuring this out...? Evil grin
                              No - I pretty much knew it ---- this was just the first the first time I've ever put it down......Big grin Wink

Champions are made when no one is watching

zoom-zoom

rectumdamnnearkilledem

No - I pretty much knew it ---- this was just the first the first time I've ever put it down......Big grin Wink
                                I shall mark this date on my calendar! Big grin

~ Sarah Kay