2018 Boston Marathon Thread (Read 554 times)

LedLincoln

not bad for mile 25

I would love to return, or better yet run a streak, but my cheering squad wants more variety in their travels.  I'll be following you vicariously; hope it's great for everyone.

Julia1971

I think I got everyone's edits.  Thanks for pointing them out!  Any thoughts on training plans?

And I'm in.

Good call!  Smile

FSBD

Any thoughts on training plans?

Run a lot. Mostly easy sometimes hard.

We are the music makers,

And we are the dreamers of dreams,

Wandering by lone sea-breakers,

And sitting by desolate streams; 

World-losers and world-forsakers,

On whom the pale moon gleams:

Yet we are the movers and shakers

Of the world for ever, it seems.

Joann Y

Registered. Now how long do I wait to find out? A few days or just forget about it for now?

bhearn

Registered. Now how long do I wait to find out? A few days or just forget about it for now?

I registered Friday, got acceptance Sunday. But that was the end of the BQ-5 window, I think. For the just BQ window, don't they have to wait til the end of the week to determine the cutoff?

FSBD

It might also depend on which race you use as a qualifier.  I registered Wednesday and still have not gotten an acceptance email yet.  I think if your race is in the database it takes less time than if it isn't.

We are the music makers,

joescott

Sometimes it boggles my mind that you out-of-towners have done so many. The only way I've run any number of these is because I live about 9 miles from the finish line. If I had to fly in I'd probably have done no more than 2.

Xhris, you are spoiled!  You don't know how good you have it.  ;-)  I love that race, and I would run it every single year given no injuries and an infinite amount of money.

- Joe

We are fragile creatures on collision with our judgment day.

Kalsarikännit

Even though I don't personally use them, I am really impressed by the great job you do organizing info on these threads, Julia.

I want to do it because I want to do it.  -Amelia Earhart

xhristopher

Xhris, you are spoiled!  You don't know how good you have it.  ;-)  I love that race, and I would run it every single year given no injuries and an infinite amount of money.

Or in my case, no injuries and the low, low price of $185.

I'm using a race that took 4 months to verify last year. Any bets as to how long I have to wait?

delicate flower

I'm at -2:21 and just registered.  Registration for us goes through 5:00 Wednesday, so we won't hear anything until at least then.

<3

Julia1971

Even though I don't personally use them, I am really impressed by the great job you do organizing info on these threads, Julia.

Thanks!    I'm a librarian, so organizing information is kinda my thing.  Put running on top of that...  Whoo hoo!

Julia1971

I'm at -2:21 and just registered.  Registration for us goes through 5:00 Wednesday, so we won't hear anything until at least then.

Fingers crossed for you, Babs!  I know how hard you worked for that BQ what seems like forever ago!

From the Internet.

The numbers are looking good for a lot of us in the danger zone per the folks crunching numbers over on the RW forum! Applied yesterday and keeping my fingers crossed.

FSBD

Hopefully now that national cheeseburger day is over I will get my notification soon.

We are the music makers,