FINALLY!! (Read 677 times)

Yes I finally got out and ran despite the cold and the freezing wind. Pretty sad when you can where your ski gloves and still have your hands frozen. I've also learned I really need to buy some wind pants. My running tights just didn't cut this morning. I think my butt froze solid within the first half of the run. Anyway I'm feeling GREAT now that I've finally been able to get out and run. I did 8 miles cause gawd knows if i'll be able to get out tomorrow.

Your toughness is made up of equal parts persistence and experience. You don't so much outrun your opponents as outlast and outsmart them, and the toughest opponent of all is the one inside your head." - Joe Henderson

Don't you love running outside?? My tights aren't cutting it in this weather --- I just threw some old - *gasp* - sweatpants on top of 'em. Yes
      2009: BQ?
        you people are CRAZY! it was 50 this morning and I had on tights, a vest, and gloves. Blush Tongue

Jennifer mm#1231

I've actually been putting my running shorts on over my tights "gasp" ( got the idea from a picture of one of the runners from here). I was talking to dh about how excited we will be to run when it gets in the teens lol

Your toughness is made up of equal parts persistence and experience. You don't so much outrun your opponents as outlast and outsmart them, and the toughest opponent of all is the one inside your head." - Joe Henderson

zoom-zoom

rectumdamnnearkilledem

you people are CRAZY! it was 50 this morning and I had on tights, a vest, and gloves. Blush Tongue
            I have a couple of friends in TX who won't even run if it's below 50ยบ. Now THAT is crazy! That's PERFECT running weather, IMO...what a waste! They won't run outdoors when it gets too hot, then they won't run outdoors when it gets too *cold*. Wusses. I'm pretty much game for anything from 0 (including windchill) to 95 (including heat index). That's like 95% of the weather over the course of a year in MI. k

Getting the wind knocked out of you is the only way to

remind your lungs how much they like the taste of air.    

~ Sarah Kay

Isn't that great!!? Looks like it might start warming up here in MI pretty soon too! It's been so cold! My leg muscles are going to be in shock going from the treadmill to the outdoors again! It's a different kind of run, that's for sure! Until the snow melts, though, it's snowshoes or xcountry skiis outside for us! Looks like Tuesday if it's warm enough we'll make it out again!! Can't wait!!!! Here's to getting outside!!!! Cool
                I'm with you, Kirstin Smile I see lots of people out running in Baltimore when it's 65 and clear ... where are these people when it's 90* and when it's 20*?? Wimps! Wusses! Tongue It was 23* this morning, which wasn't too bad, especially since the wind was minimal.
                2009: BQ?
                  I'm not quite as dedicated this winter...last winter I would run in anything above 10 below (including wind chill). This year, I stay in the must be over zero area. And if it is horribly windy, I opt for the elliptical, treadmill or pool for my running. Being from the farther north parts of Michigan originally, I always laugh at people that think that anything under 50 is cold, and I hate cold! Big grin Once you force yourself to get out & start running, the cold really isn't THAT bad! But good cold weather running gear is necessary! And sometimes that doesn't even help for the first couple of miles.
                  So do not get tired and stop trying. - Hebrews 12:3
                    My first post! When I started in Jan, I hadn't run a mile in my life...so you can imagine how I feel after finishing 5 miles this saturday, in the pouring rain (with the occasional hail flurry). Nonstop, I was soaked completed through, forgot a hat...but I loved it. I think I'm a runner now! Shocked