Heart Rate Math Question (Read 2728 times)

runnerclay

Consistently Slow

I

I think we agree on 99.9% of this.  We're really just arguing about the argument, which is what both of us do as a matter of training. (I'm a lawyer.)  But I think everyone else is probably not so amused, so we should probably cool it!

This is why LHR people do not come out to play with you people. Smile

Run until the trail runs out.

SCHEDULE 2016--

The pain that hurts the worse is the imagined pain. One of the most difficult arts of racing is learning to ignore the imagined pain and just live with the present pain (which is always bearable.) - Jeff

unsolicited chatter

http://bkclay.blogspot.com/

JPF

I just run by breathing intensity / talk test.  (also now sure how to get rid of some of the blocks above)

One fun way to use the talk test while running alone is to pretend that you have a Bluetooth and have fake personal conversations when passing by people.  "And then he told me, 'I'm not going back to prison.  No way.  No how.'"

JPF

Maybe a little, heh.

But you ain't shittin' about the comeback being hard.  JPF, your log says you're doing a good job of getting out the door on a consistent basis.  That's a lot of the battle right there (I am coming off of an injury time out myself).  Just keep building on that and you will get there.

Thanks.  I've been trying.  The big question for me when I started again was really how many miles to start at.  I just picked 15 per week out of the air, which might have been too many, but it seems to have worked out.  I'm using Daniels' rule of thumb:  every three weeks or so adding as many miles as the number of sessions I run.  So I've been adding 5 or 6 miles/wk every three weeks or so.  This makes sense to me because the three weeks seem to give me time to adjust to the new level before adding more.  Adding more often than that and I'm concerned that I won't recognize that it's too much until it's too late.  Plan is to plateau at 40 or 45 for a little while and see how that goes. 

jEfFgObLuE

I've got a fever...

I just run by breathing intensity / talk test. 

+1

On your deathbed, you won't wish that you'd spent more time at the office.  But you will wish that you'd spent more time running.  Because if you had, you wouldn't be on your deathbed.