Overused phrases (Read 1097 times)

HOSS1961

FYI
    HOSS 2009 Goals Have a healthy back and run w/o pain! Drop 15 pounds gained while injured

Menace to Sobriety

"Drink to thirst"

"I can't"

Janie, today I quit my job. And then I told my boss to go f*** himself, and then I blackmailed him for almost sixty thousand dollars. Pass the asparagus.

Mitch & Pete's Mom

"Let's take this offline"

"I don't know if we have enough bandwidth to take this on."

Carlsbad 1/2 marathon 1/26.

"My B"

Apparently, this makes the mistake ok.

"If I control myself, I control my destiny."

#artbydmcbride

"My B"

Apparently, this makes the mistake ok.

I know, right?    Just say Mea culpa!

Runners run

12-week layoff

"No child left behind"
              nextyearcubs

"And that's what a (insert name of professional athlete here) brings to the table."

Why I got sick of sports talk radio

5K 20:20 9/17/11 13.1 1:36:58 6/12/11 26.2 3:34:19 9/23/2012

"Let's take this offline"

"I don't know if we have enough bandwidth to take this on."

Eeeew.  Hate these too.

Gotta TRI

This may be the correct phrasing but I can't stand hearing standing "online". Right or wrong, to me one would be standing "Inline". I know it's just me. It's like the old irregardless /regardless, or the pronounciation of the word coupon. But I is no literary schooler, I is just sayin
                    2010 Dec. California International Marathon 2011 Jan. Disney Marathon

40 is the new 30

lol

grrrrrrrr

- Anya

jfa

Do I hate it when people ask themselves questions,and then answer them?

Yes, I hate that very much.

I had a supervisor that constantly used the phrase "in case you were wondering." Which 99.9% of the time I never was. His other fave was " we have a fire!" which meant sudden change of plans, drop everything you are doing to come do some other petty little project that could just as easily have been done next week, next month, or by someone else.

Oh i recognise this. What's worse is that my supervisor  looked like the boss from the Incredibles. Spineless little squirt.

"Grasshopper-notice that the supple bamboo yields to the wind, yet does not break."

In the corporate world, there is widespread overuse of the word "utilize", when a nice, simple "use" would work just as well.
                              In the corporate world, there is widespread overuse of the word "utilize", when a nice, simple "use" would work just as well.

Pursuant to your message board response I would agree insofar as I myself often see writing prepared by dumbass recent college graduates who think a letter to a client would be better if it sounded as pompous as possible. 

coastwalker

"Transparency."

Without ice cream there would be darkness and chaos.