Overused phrases (Read 1097 times)

Buffalo Gal Rides Again

"Achieving sustainability is only possible via transformative collaborative governance."

Completely untrue. Just sayin'    heh

March: Irish Jig 5K (DONE), Kent City Ridge Run 5K (DONE) April: Iron Girl 5K (DONE), Kentucky Derby Half May: 5/3 (10K) July: Cherry Festival 15K August: Chicago Rock N Roll Half, Crim Festival of Races (10 miler) October: Grand Rapids Marathon (Half-Hometown Gig)

Dog-Love

Our "interim provost" says "at the end of the day" so many times we have taken to playing bingo with that phrase.  He also says "nexus" a lot and we are not sure why.  He also says "takes a lot of testosterone to do this job" ...can you tell he is not my favorite person

Run like you are on fire! 5K goal 24:00 or less (PR 24:34) 10K goal 50:00 or less (PR 52:45) HM goal 1:55:00 or less (PR 2:03:02) Marathon Goal...Less than my PR (PR 4:33:23)
      Tyler S

"may or may not"

May and may not have the same meaning, so that expression is pointless.

Menace to Sobriety

Any phrase that contains "Jon and Kate"

Janie, today I quit my job. And then I told my boss to go f*** himself, and then I blackmailed him for almost sixty thousand dollars. Pass the asparagus.

"For free"  as in "Open a bank account and we will give you a toaster for free".

"Free" means "free of charge", it is incorrect to say "FOR free".

PBs since age 60:  5k- 24:36, 10k - 47:17. Half Marathon- 1:42:41.

10 miles (unofficial) 1:16:44.

Leverage and synergies (or leveraging your synergies)

ugh

"All due respect" when there is actually supposed to be some respect.

It's said as in All due respect, sir, but f--k you.  How do people think they can address someone like this??