More miles than degrees (Read 1384 times)

It seems like in past years there has been a thread for this, so I figured we needed one for this winter.  Who's done a run this season where the miles put in outnumber the degrees of temperature?  Temps are in Fahrenheit, and staying inside when the temps are below zero doesn't count!

I racked up my first two of these this weekend... 5 miles in -2 on Sat., and 15 miles in 8 degrees (at the start, anyway) on Sun.

-------------------------------------
    5K - 18:25 - 3/19/11
    10K - 39:38 - 12/13/09
    1/2 - 1:29:38 - 5/30/10
    Full - 3:45:40 - 5/27/07

Ooh, forgot all about this.  I'll update once I've run some more like that...too lazy to go through my log looking for them. Big grin 

Run to Win
      25 Marathons, 17 Ultras, 16 States (Full List)

ymmv

there's a group for it

A Saucy Wench

It rarely gets cold enough here for me to do this, when we had the 11 degree day a few weeks ago if I had time I would have gone long just to actually do it once.

I have become Death, the destroyer of electronic gadgets

"When I got too tired to run anymore I just pretended I wasnt tired and kept running anyway" - dd, age 7

12/10

3.9 miles

1F

The pain that hurts the worse is the imagined pain. One of the most difficult arts of racing is learning to ignore the imagined pain and just live with the present pain (which is always bearable.) - Jeff

2014 Goals:

Stay healthy

Enjoy life

Saturday I ran only one more mile than degrees, but I am in the club.  

"If you have the fire, run..." -John Climacus

I went to Alaska when it was -40 and didn't run at all.

0 > -40

I win!

2009 Goals: Run 5x a week, Iron Horse Half-Marathon on a 6-month C2HM Program that completely made up and is probably unhealthy.

Bugs

It was -20F yesterday when I did 5.5 miles. Really was not that bad, my feet were VERY cold the first mile. The part that scares me is if you would for some reason need to stop running, I don't think you would last long in those temps.

I just wish the snow was gone. Running on these surfaces is very hard on my Achilles.

Bugs

CanadianMeg

#RunEveryDay

I should've posted here on NY morning when I did 3.1 miles in -46*C (-49*F) windchill.

ETA: Base temp without windchill was -36*C.

Half Fanatic #9292. 

Game Admin for RA Running Game 2023.

5.24 miles yesterday in -11.4F, -14 windchill

8.26 miles today in -9.6F, -15 windchill

The pain that hurts the worse is the imagined pain. One of the most difficult arts of racing is learning to ignore the imagined pain and just live with the present pain (which is always bearable.) - Jeff

2014 Goals:

Stay healthy

Enjoy life

Driver, Runner, Bestie

7 miles in 0 degrees with -15 windchill.  Frosty face for me and frozen whiskers for my running pal (who was "on leash"--to avoid confusion with another thread here)
                        protoplasm72

Didn't even think about it but I did it the easy way yesterday.  3.3 miles, 2 degrees.

Son, when you participate in sporting events, it's not whether you win or lose; it's how drunk you get. -- Homer Simpson

keeponrunning

Yesterday ran 6 miles when the temperature was -6 Fahrenheit.  (both are rounded as I do km and celcius).   Wasn't actually too bad except my legs were cold cause I couldn't locate my really thick, warm pants that I usually wear at that temp.  Worse today but I wimped out (err, rest day...hehe)

Sulphur Springs 50km-- Ancaster, ON-- May 28, 2022

Tally in the Valley 12 hours-- Dundas, ON -- July 30, 2022 (Support SickKids Toronto)

Stokely Creek-- 56km-- Sault Ste. Marie, ON-- Sept. 24, 2022

Yesterday ran 6 miles when the temperature was -6 Fahrenheit.  (both are rounded as I do km and celcius).   Wasn't actually too bad except my legs were cold cause I couldn't locate my really thick, warm pants that I usually wear at that temp.  Worse today but I wimped out (err, rest day...hehe)

-12C equals 10.4F

2014 Goals:

Stay healthy

Enjoy life

jeffdonahue

If I remember correclty, windchill didnt count.