More miles than degrees (Read 1384 times)

I made it yesterday ran 13 miles 8 degrees outside.

she runs like a girl

This game is easy in Canada!

I did 6.5 in -4 on Thursday ( and yes that is in miles and farenheit)

2010 goals: PR at distances from 3k-HM 3k: 02/02/10 - 12:00 - road 5k :03/13/10 - 20:32 - road 10mile: 04/02/10 - 1:15:49 "The only thing I hate more than running is not running"

The Terminator

It never gets cold enough and my runs are never long enough here in Washington, DC.  But yesterday it was 19 with a feels like temp of 4 degrees.  I ran 5, so I am counting it!

"In the South, the cotillion of Machiavelli is played as a soft-shoe, in three-quarter time." - Pat Conroy

xor

27 miles (including to/from hotel jog) at 24 degrees!

Although it was probably 30ish at the end.

Loves the outdoors

We're definitely at an advantage in this game in NZ, we measure our temps in celcius Smile However, I'll need to wait until winter before I have much chance with my current longest run.

And running in -4, that just sounds impossible! 

One day I decided I wanted to become a runner, so I did.

keeponrunning

not impossible, but very difficult to convince yourself to run.  not bad once your out.  i'm from the same city as kimmi311, and thursday i was lucky to get in 3 mi.  wait, i just realized, that also puts me over the line.   never thought of it....i was just happy to get any run in that day.  at least it is warming up now that it snowed, so we can just slide on our rear ends instead of freezing....

Sulphur Springs 50km-- Ancaster, ON-- May 28, 2022

Tally in the Valley 12 hours-- Dundas, ON -- July 30, 2022 (Support SickKids Toronto)

Stokely Creek-- 56km-- Sault Ste. Marie, ON-- Sept. 24, 2022

keeponrunning

nz:  i'm gonna visit you!  15C sounds amazing!  just kidding.  we will get our turn....eventually Smile 

Sulphur Springs 50km-- Ancaster, ON-- May 28, 2022

Tally in the Valley 12 hours-- Dundas, ON -- July 30, 2022 (Support SickKids Toronto)

Stokely Creek-- 56km-- Sault Ste. Marie, ON-- Sept. 24, 2022

And running in -4, that just sounds impossible! 

It's just that first minute or two that hurt.  After that you warm right up.

-------------------------------------
                  5K - 18:25 - 3/19/11
                  10K - 39:38 - 12/13/09
                  1/2 - 1:29:38 - 5/30/10
                  Full - 3:45:40 - 5/27/07

Oh roo roooo!

Eighteen miles at 10 degrees yesterday--actually not all that bad, as the wind was only 8-9 mph instead of screaming at 15-20 like it has been and I set up the run so it was mostly sheltered and/or a crosswind rather than a headwind....

Spent the entire last week on the TM due to extreme windchills and SO GLAD to be back outside, don't think I ever had an 18 miler click by so nicely!

TJN

S Army Kettle run...

5 miles at 1 degree on Saturday.  The face was a tad chilly into the wind, but after that we were good to go. 

13 miles at 13degrees yesterday ... didn't quite qualify ...  . 

Tim 

On My Horse

If this was Celsius I am easily over 200 for the year so far, but sadly, since it is Fahrenheit, I'm probably still at 0.

Sad

"What lies behind us and what lies before us are tiny matters compared to what lies with in us." - Ralph Waldo Emerson

evanflein

My longest (last year) was a 15 miler run at temps around -27°F. Once you get going it's fine, and I almost prefer those temps because it's really easier to dress for. In the zero to -10 range it's too easy to overdress/overheat.

This is the coldest temp I've run in:

And yes, you get pretty frosty by the time you're done....

joescott

Sunday:  17 miles, 16 degrees

Monday:  11 miles, 10 degrees

That's two in a row.  Have a chance at a turkey tomorrow morning.

- Joe

We are fragile creatures on collision with our judgment day.

sugnim

I did 12 yesterday.  It was 0 out.  I could have just jogged 3 feet & called it good.  Haha.