First 10 Mile Race (Read 657 times)

Lane

Today I ran my first 10 mile race. I working up to a marathon in the fall, and I'd only run one 10k in the past. So I showed up at the Paul Mailman 10 Miler. I was hoping to run a 1:02:30. The race started with one lap around the track, after which I was in 2nd. I rolled through the first mile in 5:47. I knew it was too fast. My mile splits were as follows: 1- 5:47 2- 5:56 3- 6:10 4- 6:26 5- 6:37 6- 6:17 7- 5:50 8- 6:15 9- 6:10 10- 6:07 The slower miles (4-5) were due to hills and trying to recover from the first three miles. My total time was 1:01:42, which I am very happy with. I also want to thank the guy (I won't post your name on the internet) that I ran with over the middle couple miles. You made them bearable and helped me focus. I'm very psyched; this race has given me confidence that my training has been working and that I can actually run a decent marathon in the fall.
      Congratulations on a well run race! Hills or not, there is a lot of speed in those legs! I'm looking forward to seeing how you do with the marathon.

Michelle

Im impressed ----- those are wonderul splits......good job.

Champions are made when no one is watching

Just Be

Nice job! Based on your 10 miler time, I'd say that a sub 3 hour marathon is pretty easily going to be in your future! Smile