Cooling towels (Read 141 times)

spartanrob

Just picked up a cooling towel and, while this may sound silly, i'm not sure if i'm using it right.

Do these work? any tricks?

surely it came with instructions. Like, hold towel in hand, wipe body, repeat if necessary.

We used to wear them around the back of our necks at my last job. By this time of the year, the temperature would sometimes reach 160 degrees. (Very miserable!) I had several sets, and I would keep one in the cooler while wearing the other. In those temperatures, they were only cold for about 20-30 minutes.

spartanrob

Thanks.  They aren't for 'wiping'  they are for wearing around your neck to help cool your body, just not sure if it works

You need to wet it before using. That's all that I could think of that you might be missing, but I doubt you missed that ????

WordPress Speed Guides: my personal website with speed and seo guides

vincoding.com: repository of useful code snippets that I've saved over time

spartanrob

Thanks.  I did wet it.  maybe i have to 'wear' it longer Smile

Are you talking about FrogTogg cooling towels?

I did some volunteer work in Belize last year, and those were a key component of survival in that hot humid country.  Every volunteer was advised to have 1 with them at all times.

The key was keeping them wet and around your neck.

It worked ok.  But not perfect.  I don't know if there is a trick to it.

Life Goals:

#1: Do what I can do

#2: Enjoy life

DaBurger

Are these the kind you need to soak?  I had a couple of cooling towels back 8 years ago that needed like 10 minutes for all the beads to absorb water.

Know thyself.

spartanrob

Are you talking about FrogTogg cooling towels?

I did some volunteer work in Belize last year, and those were a key component of survival in that hot humid country.  Every volunteer was advised to have 1 with them at all times.

The key was keeping them wet and around your neck.

It worked ok.  But not perfect.  I don't know if there is a trick to it.

Yep, thats the one.

Supersono99

My husband bought two for us to use whilso watching my DS baseball games in the summer heat. I honestly think they don't cool very much and wouldn't buy them again, but DH and DD like them and use them at each game.