Unidentified Leg Pain (Read 76 times)

caulkit17

Hey so I'm a fairly new runner (I ran cross country in middle school but just started running on my own) but it wasn't long before I started having pain on the inner part of my left leg. Just a few inches up from my ankle. Whenever I start running it flares up. It'll hurt for the first few minutes of my run but it'll kinda fade away, then come back, then fade away, and so on for not only the run but then for at least a week after. It doesn't hurt to do anything else except running, walking, and going up and down the stairs. It's like only when I put my weight directly on top of it. Stretching doesn't hurt, and most leg exercises don't hurt either. I gave it over a month the first time I noticed it but right after that first run back on track it hurt almost as bad as it had before. (When it started it gradually became a problem). I really want to run this summer but I don't know what to do. It feels like it's a muscle thing but I thought it might be a shin splint yet none of the stretches and exercises helped to the slightest degree. Any other ideas??? Thanks. Smile

did you see a doctor? Have an xray?

caulkit17

did you see a doctor? Have an xray?

nah I thought if I gave it time it'd heal on its own.