ESPN feature on Ryan Shay - tonight (Read 854 times)

Mishka-old log

For anyone wanting to learn a little more about Ryan Shay and the tragedy of his passing in the US Marathon Olympic Trials last November, there is a feature on ESPN's E:60 program tonight at 7pm EDT. The story goes into his wife, Alicia's own dream of making the olympic team and continuing to train despite the grief of losing her husband. There is a summary of the program on runnersweb.com, and ESPN has a short promo video on their site.

Another Passion

Thanks for the heads up.

Rick
      "The will to win means nothing without the will to prepare." - Juma Ikangaa
      "I wanna go fast." Ricky Bobby
      runningforcassy.blogspot.com

Thanks- have it set to record. Should be good.
          Thanks, Mishka Smile

Life is not measured by the number of breaths we take, but by the number of moments that take our breath away...(unkown)

Go With The Flow
          Thyroid Support Group

Lazy idiot

It will be recording. Thanks, Mishka.

Tick tock

Mishka-old log

The feature (E:60) will be airing again on ESPN2 at 11:00PM EDT for anyone that can't catch or record the 7:00PM airing.

Another Passion

The feature (E:60) will be airing again on ESPN2 at 11:00PM EDT for anyone that can't catch or record the 7:00PM airing.
                Dude! Thanks! I missed the first airing as I just got home from Flower Hospital after my MRI around 7:00, had to pick up DYD from softball and then we ate dinner and I forgot about it. If I'm not too tired I'll try and catch it later.

Rick
                "The will to win means nothing without the will to prepare." - Juma Ikangaa
                "I wanna go fast." Ricky Bobby
                runningforcassy.blogspot.com

C-R

Thanks for the tip. What a gut wrenching story. My heart goes out to the entire family.

"He conquers who endures" - Persius
                  "Every workout should have a purpose. Every purpose should link back to achieving a training objective." - Spaniel

http://ncstake.blogspot.com/

That was hard to watch, but I'm glad I did. I can't imagine how hard it would be to run those routes, now alone. I will be watching and cheering for her come the olympic trials. Thanks again for the heads up.

Life is not measured by the number of breaths we take, but by the number of moments that take our breath away...(unkown)

Go With The Flow
                    Thyroid Support Group

Prince of Fatness

That was hard to watch, but I'm glad I did. I can't imagine how hard it would be to run those routes, now alone. I will be watching and cheering for her come the olympic trials. Thanks again for the heads up.
                      +1

Not at it at all. 

Mishka-old log

Definitely very very sad. I thought they did a good job on the story. Alicia Shay is very inspiring. She has a better chance at making the team than the post-story commentary indicated. She was an NCAA record holder in the 10k when she graduated from college. The reporter made a valid point about the burden of grief she is carrying, but it almost seemed that her conclusion was that it would be too much for Alicia. For anyone that missed it and wants to catch it, it has been uploaded to Flotrack. It's about a 12 minute segment.
                          You can also watch it on-line as well if you missed it last night on ESPN.COM under E:60. Here is the link. Not sure ifI did it right or not. http://sports.espn.go.com/broadband/video/videopage?videoId=3373849&categoryId=3060647&n8pe6c=2
                          Kerry1976

Master of the Side Eye

Very moving story. I also can't imagine now running those routes alone. You can see the depth of the pain that everyone carried.

TRUST THE PROCESS

Go Pre!

You can also watch it on-line as well if you missed it last night on ESPN.COM under E:60. Here is the link. Not sure ifI did it right or not. http://sports.espn.go.com/broadband/video/videopage?videoId=3373849&categoryId=3060647&n8pe6c=2
                              Thanks Bucci!
                                Thought they did a good job on telling the story... like others said hard to watch at times. Sad The parts where the ESPN people were sitting around the table talking were kind of stupid and unnecessary though.