Happy Holidays! (Read 1689 times)

eric :)

Happy Hanukkah, Happy Christmas, Happy Kwanzaa! Hello everyone! I just want to take the opportunity to thank all of you for your continual support. A site, no matter how useful, hip, or technologically advanced, can only be as great as its users. Without you, RunningAHEAD.com is just another site in the dark corners of this vast Internet. You made this place special and welcoming to all your fellow users. A couple of days ago, Bernie (aka The Running Man) made his latest appearance here in the forums. He joined us back in May when he just started running. Within these few short months, he went from 0 miles to 10 miles as his longest run. He proved that if you put your mind to it, you can accomplish anything. He also reminded us to cherish what we have because "life is to short and waits for no one." During this holiday season, hug your loved ones a little harder, and enjoy the simplicity of life and our sport. Some of you have been here since the site went live. You saw how much RunningAHEAD.com has evolved during this time. In the coming year, you can be sure that I will continue to make improvements. As I told many of you via email, my goal is to create a truly useful site devoted to all things running. It doesn't have to be the most popular, but together we can make our site the best online running resource. Happy holidays and a healthy New Year! eric Smile
      All the best to you and yours eric. Thank you for all your work and commitment to the site. You deserve to be proud of the resource you make available to us, and I, for one, am extremely grateful for your continued efforts and your amazing responsiveness to the community. Happy Holidays!

How To Run a Marathon: Step 1 - start running. There is no Step 2.

Thank you, Eric! All the best to you and yours.
        Neil Gunn

Gandalf the Grey

Eric I hope that you have a superb holiday break and wish you, your family & friends (and RA!) all the best for 2007. Thank you very much for your tremendous hard work creating the best site on the internet for runners of all ability! Neil Big grin

Running ... just keep running!

Eric, Have a good holiday. You've earned it this year. I didn't realize how big this site's community had gotten until I tried the new Map Locator function & saw all the red flags in my area of the country. Not everybody posts but, there's lots of running folks out there using this website. You've done a great job.
            zoom-zoom

rectumdamnnearkilledem

Yep, the proof is in the puddin'. Your hard work and commitment is paying off in a ton of very happy runners. I, for one, am certain that my running progress would not be where it is without this site and the support of all the awesome folks who call RA home. I'm so glad I did such a thorough Google search when looking for a good mapping site to log my runs. RA wasn't the first site that came up in my search, but it's BY FAR the best one I ran across. Kudos, Eric! May the holidays bring you even half of the joy you so deserve! Smile k

Getting the wind knocked out of you is the only way to

remind your lungs how much they like the taste of air.    

~ Sarah Kay

Eric, thank you for all your wonderful work. Happy holidays to you and your family and have a great Running Year! Ewa
                I would rather wear out than rust out. - Helen Klein You create your own universe as you go along. - Winston Churchill

Dog-Love

Eric: Thanks for all that you do! This is a great site and motivator for all thing running...and more!
                  Run like you are on fire! 5K goal 24:00 or less (PR 24:34) 10K goal 50:00 or less (PR 52:45) HM goal 1:55:00 or less (PR 2:03:02) Marathon Goal...Less than my PR (PR 4:33:23)

Finished!

I add my thanks and well wishes for the holidays and new year - RunningAhead has proved to be a great community and motivator for my running Smile have a fantastic holiday, Eric!
                    Walk + Jog = wog.
                    I'm trying to Lose 5% at a time
                    I support Heifer International - join me by donating via my registry
                      Happy Holidays!

Now that was a bath...

Nga mihi o te kirihimete me TeTau Hou! (A merry Christmas and a happy new Year in Maori) Have a great one Eric and I add my thanks to the long list above. Here's to 2007! Claire xxx
                      • jlynnbob "HTFU, Kookie's distal tibia"
                      • Where's my closet? I need to get back in it.

You'll ruin your knees!

Thanks Eric! Great post, Bernie has been an inspiration to us all, and you have done a lot to keep us going! The best to you and your family and a special prayer for Bernie and his family! While I'm at it, all you other knuckleheads have a great Christmas! Lynn B

""...the truth that someday, you will go for your last run. But not today—today you got to run." - Matt Crownover (after Western States)

zoom-zoom

rectumdamnnearkilledem

*Grabs jlynn around the neck and give him a noogie* Big grin

Getting the wind knocked out of you is the only way to

remind your lungs how much they like the taste of air.    

~ Sarah Kay

Merry Christmas and thank you Eric and everyone for welcoming on your site.

"Nothing's better than the wind to your back, the sun in front of you, and your friends beside you." Aaron Douglas Trimble

vicentefrijole

Happy Holidays, everyone! Thanks for all your hard work and dedication, Eric! Glad to know you all! Big grin