Inport from Garmin or SportTrack (Read 546 times)

No more marathons

I've tried inporting zipped files from both Garmin Training Center and from SportTrack.  Both end with a message that there was an error loading the page (maybe they timed out?)

The sporttrack is a fitlog file, zipped size is 11,344KB - original size 48,020 kb

The garmin file is a TCX file - zipped size is 6,655 - original 102,838 kb

I've tried using both explorer (IE8) and foxfire (16.0.2)

Running Windows XP 2002 service pack 3

Any advice would be greatly appreciated.

Boston 2014 - a 33 year journey

Lordy,  I hope there are tapes. 

He's a leaker!

onemile

I imported from SportTracks and only could get it to work when I broke my fitlog files into 3-4 month chunks (so the size was around 5mb).

rainmakerrc

I also did the same as onemile and exported in chunks of 5-6 months.  I prefer exporting from SportTracks since all of the categorization, equipment info, etc. transitions into the logs here nicely.

eric :)

Hi all,

The SportTracks data should be uploaded as a single file instead of multiples to ensure the equipment, courses and workouts are correlated properly.  The file also be zipped to reduce the file size.

If the import doesn't workout, please send it to me at support@runningahead.com so I can take a look.  Be sure to include your user name.  Do not send your password.  Thanks.

eric Smile

No more marathons

On its way - thanks.

Boston 2014 - a 33 year journey

Lordy,  I hope there are tapes. 

He's a leaker!

RunSaintRun

I am also trying to import my sporttrack files but I cannot even locate the "fitlog" files on my computer??? I can only find .logbook3 files which I am unable to load????  GRRRRR

You need to export your data to produce the fitlog file.  Go to the workouts list, and scroll all the way to the bottom.  The last item should be to select all workouts.  After you do that, go to File -> Export and save it to a fitlog file.  Make sure you zip up the file before uploading it.

Is there a maximum size that the .zip can be or max number of workouts in one .zip file?

I had imported a few earlier .fitlog earlier, but exporting them individually from SportTracks. I saw your post this morning on how to do many at once, so thought I'd try it for past years. The smallest file (earlier part of 2012, 2.6mb) worked ok, but the larger files for 2010 (4mb) and 2011 (7mb) coughed. I wasn't sure if it was size or whether I've got some bad data in there.

My primary logs are in Polar's software and an Access database I made - when I get things caught up. (and I think they will always be my primary logs, because of the HR zones and hill data)  SportTracks (old version) is how I convert .tcx files to .hrm and a place holder while I was having connectivity issues (either my hrm strap or downloading from gps/hrm to computer or whatever), so there may be something in there that's quirky.

Anyway, I was just curious. I'm using the RA log primarily if anyone wanted to look at workouts if I have a question. Since I start new training cycle in about October, earlier stuff isn't that big a deal.

Thanks.

"So many people get stuck in the routine of life that their dreams waste away. This is about living the dream." - Cave Dog
                  RunSaintRun

You need to export your data to produce the fitlog file.  Go to the workouts list, and scroll all the way to the bottom.  The last item should be to select all workouts.  After you do that, go to File -> Export and save it to a fitlog file.  Make sure you zip up the file before uploading it.

Thanks for the help Eric. There is not "file, select all" in my version of sportstracks??? I had to highlight selected dates and was then able to export. Managed to import my data from sportstracks for 2012 but in one month blocks...... issue with my computer it looks like.

You should be able to select all of your workout entries for export.  I don't use SportTracks, but if you can't do that, maybe you have some sort of filter?   Let me know if you can't export everything at once, let me know and we'll work out something else.

AKTrail,

The max file size is about 20 MB.  You can zip it up first though which should be much smaller.  I did not see any server errors regarding your import so I'm not sure what went wrong.  You can email a file to me at support@runningahead.com and I can see what's going on.

eric Smile

AKTrail,

The max file size is about 20 MB.  You can zip it up first though which should be much smaller.  I did not see any server errors regarding your import so I'm not sure what went wrong.  You can email a file to me at support@runningahead.com and I can see what's going on.

eric Smile

Done. I retried the exporting and zipping the two sets of data. I got one to work, the other still didn't. Thanks.

Later update: I split the one year into 3-mo increments making each .zip about 3mb (give or take), and they all seemed to upload fine. 6-mo increments didn't work (server reset or some other issue). I'm wondering if my slow DSL had something to do with problems uploading larger files.

So all is well for my issue. Thanks.

"So many people get stuck in the routine of life that their dreams waste away. This is about living the dream." - Cave Dog
                          RunSaintRun

You should be able to select all of your workout entries for export.  I don't use SportTracks, but if you can't do that, maybe you have some sort of filter?   Let me know if you can't export everything at once, let me know and we'll work out something else.

Eric,

I get an error on my computer when trying to export a year's worth of data from sportstracks, "Sporttracks Not Responding".  I exported one month's worth of data at a time as mentioned earlier and all is OK.  THANK YOU!!!

Eric,

I get an error on my computer when trying to export a year's worth of data from sportstracks, "Sporttracks Not Responding".  I exported one month's worth of data at a time as mentioned earlier and all is OK.  THANK YOU!!!

That "not responding" message may be it's way of saying it's still busy working on what you told it to do last. Wait a bit, and it may eventually complete - or crash. Can never tell with those things. Wink  I had that message on one of my files, waited awhile, and it eventually completed.

spoonerweb

I have also been trying to upload my SportTracks' log to this site. It is best in SportTracks if you go to the Activity Reports. There you can select months at a time. However, the website states it is limited to 20meg files. So I can select only 3 months at a time and I have data going back to 2003. One year of data for me is about 64meg.