holder for mp3 player (Read 94 times)

dotatl

I'm definitely not a techie, but got an mp3 player for my 49th birthday recently and have actually learned how to put music on it.  Since I often find myself humming Chariots of Fire or Rocky for inspiration during a run, I'm thinking I may be able to listen to tunes and enjoy it.  The player I got is 3 3/4" x 1 3/4 " by 1/4"--probably a copycat of one of the ipod nano models.  The earphone cable goes in the bottom.  I've browsed carriers (armbands, etc) and most are for bigger devices.  What is a good water-resistant holder for this?  I'd be open to non-arm locations as well.

Thanks.

Hoban-Jay

A pocket works quite well for me!

TJoseph

I have a gen 2 iPod Shuffle that is still working after many years of sweat and rain.  It has a built in clip that I attach to the pocket of my running shorts. If it didn't have a clip, I guess I would put it in my pocket with maybe a plastic baggie to protect it from sweat.  I hate armbands and wouldn't use one.

Mpls Laker

Northstar Running

I put mine in a lightweight sock draped over the waistband of my underwear on my hip area so the player is outside the underwear but inside the shorts. During the winter pants wearing season a pocket is just fine. I also run the headphone wire down the back inside my shirt so it is not flying around and interfering with my arms.

GC100k

t-shirt or golf shirt with breast pocket for my ipod or phone.  Otherwise drop it in my shorts pocket.  Had an armband but didn't like it; my wife uses that.

shadow runner

The Shirtless Wonder

I used armband when I use to listen to I-pod.  Stopped using it and i-pod when I started marathon training.  Less frustrating when music stops and less weight to carry.  Also helps you focus better when training on your pace/form/etc.  w/o the distraction.

Joe Suder

Nulla camisia et nulla problematum 

NYCNorma

I personally find an armband best for that sort of thing.  Something like this: http://www.amazon.com/b?ie=UTF8&node=13981491

dotatl

Thanks for the helpful replies.  But not the ones advising me NOT to run with the mp3 player or to use a pocket--wasn't the question I was asking, was it?  I got a cheapy holder with a clip to try out on the waistband of the shorts that don't have pockets.  Not sure I can tolerate the distraction of music (like I said, I've been running for three years and this will be my first try) but it is fun to try new stuff now and then.

Hennie108

I put mine in a lightweight sock draped over the waistband of my underwear on my hip area so the player is outside the underwear but inside the shorts. During the winter pants wearing season a pocket is just fine. I also run the headphone wire down the back inside my shirt so it is not flying around and interfering with my arms.

This is such a good and simple idea!