2011 Goal of Sub-3:00 Marathon (Read 8006 times)

DoppleBock

my streak is 2 days

After a head injury July 3rd (13 stitches) and a fractured Radial Head (July 9th) (Bone near elbow) and doing next to nothing for 2 weeks - I am thrilled.

Long dead ... But my stench lingers !

HermosaBoy

my streak is 2 days

After a head injury July 3rd (13 stitches) and a fractured Radial Head (July 9th) (Bone near elbow) and doing next to nothing for 2 weeks - I am thrilled.

When did you become such a clutz???  Wink

And you can quote me as saying I was mis-quoted. Groucho Marx

Rob

DoppleBock

Not sure - I used to think I had cat like balance - Although if I was faced with the sheet metal just above eye site 10 time - I think I might slice the noggin every time.

The arm was just a complete failure of any athleticism - My wife threatens to wrap me in bubble wrap now ... Damn it!  I have lost a little confidence - I had been super aggressive on trail downhill running this year - Feeling invincible.  Then I fall on uneven pavement.  Now I am apprehensive to run on smooth pavement in the dark.

Leadville 100M is 31 days away ... I am hoping to get cleared a few days prior by Doc to run the race.  As long as the ex-ray showes the arm is healed I will shuffle through - Hopefully not full of fear of falling. 

Long dead ... But my stench lingers !

DB- I saw you go barreling down hills at Ice Age and was impressed, but reflexes only do you so much good once inertia is on full steam.  Give it a few days and you'll forget you even have a broken arm...

My training is going pretty sucky.  I just can't seem to get any speed lately and my mileage is 20+ MPW under my goal mileage.  I was just starting to improve post Houston Marathon and then I was dealing with one injury after another.  At this rate I'll be lucky to pull off another sub 3 at Chicago.

I'm next on the start line and the training is going well - I'm 3 and 1/2 weeks into a short marathon build up.  A quality 16 miler today gave me a lot of confidence that I'm heading in the right direction.

I hope you heal up well DB.  & I'm loving the Big Horse Blog.

Roth Runner - it's time for you to smash those old PRs and run a 16:XX 5K and 35:XX 10K Big grin.  Good luck in your training!

xhristopher

Baystate on October 16th

Might as well pull me out for 2011. I figure if you want to run sub 3 you should be doing more than riding your bike around in circles. Right now my goals are to jog at least one lap of Baystate, participate in the NYCM, and race Boston 2012. 

Turbolegs

Might as well pull me out for 2011. I figure if you want to run sub 3 you should be doing more than riding your bike around in circles. Right now my goals are to jog at least one lap of Baystate, participate in the NYCM, and race Boston 2012. 

What happened? Did you pick up an injury?

I dont sweat. I ooze liquid awesome.

xhristopher

What happened? Did you pick up an injury?

Injury two weeks after Boston. Still undiagnosed (but we've ruled a lot out) and I can't train. It's a little maddening, mostly because I'm not learning anything such as is this just a fluke or what did I do wrong and what can I do to avoid re-injury.

Was it all a dream?

Not formally but I saw you while I was running w/ my brother. He's Tom Sullivan, built like a linebacker instead of a runner.  I was down there after the Mpls expo from ~2:00 - 7:00 pm.  Tom pointed you out at one point as we did a lap and waved to you. 

Heh.  I would have introduced you guys if I would have thought about the RA connection. 

Weren't the respective Scovill and MNRW tents right next to each other?

Turbolegs

Injury two weeks after Boston. Still undiagnosed (but we've ruled a lot out) and I can't train. It's a little maddening, mostly because I'm not learning anything such as is this just a fluke or what did I do wrong and what can I do to avoid re-injury.

Sucks man .. hope you get better real soon. On the positive side, you are on your way to a solid foundation for triathlons. Smile

I dont sweat. I ooze liquid awesome.

xhristopher

Sucks man .. hope you get better real soon. On the positive side, you are on your way to a solid foundation for triathlons. Smile

Yeah, I thought I'd be a lot worse at swimming. One day I'll put all the pieces together.

Just a quick update on my fall marathon training.  I'm now in my 4th week (of 18) and things are going relatively well.  My left Achilles is giving me a headache, and I've been focused on stretches and rest days to try and maintain it at its current level (I'm not expecting a miracle cure right now).  My wife bought me a device that's supposed to keep my foot at 90 degrees, and that seems to help in the morning.  The good news is that it's not nearly as bad as last year when it was about to burst.

Just a quick update on my fall marathon training.  I'm now in my 4th week (of 18) and things are going relatively well.  My left Achilles is giving me a headache, and I've been focused on stretches and rest days to try and maintain it at its current level (I'm not expecting a miracle cure right now).  My wife bought me a device that's supposed to keep my foot at 90 degrees, and that seems to help in the morning.  The good news is that it's not nearly as bad as last year when it was about to burst.

Strasburg sock, or the heal stepper?

Get off my porch

It's actually a Futuro foot support device where the rigid part lies on top of your foot (really cheap at CVS).  I've used the Strasburg sock, but I don't like how it bends my toes up, plus it's not good at keeping the foot at a right angle.