2011 Goal of Sub-3:00 Marathon (Read 8006 times)

Never heard of that one, looks more comfortable than the Strasburg sock and probably stays on better.

Get off my porch

ultramarathon/triathlete

Can you also add me on for the Grand Rapids Marathon Oct 16?   HOPEFULLY I will be back in solid running form by then (recovering from IMLP last weekend!).  If not, hopefully by NYCM in Nov! 

HTFU?  Why not!

USATF Coach

Empire Tri Club Coach
      Gatorade Endurance Team

kcam

I'm next on the start line and the training is going well - I'm 3 and 1/2 weeks into a short marathon build up.  A quality 16 miler today gave me a lot of confidence that I'm heading in the right direction.

I hope you heal up well DB.  & I'm loving the Big Horse Blog.

Robin, from the looks of your RA-log you appear to be rounding into seriously good shape.  Keep it rolling into September!

Toss my name in for another attempt at Rocket City, December 10.

This would be the 3rd time on this course. First time wasn't pleasant, second time was my BQ.

Couple of guys I run with regularly will be going as well.

Get off my porch

For the last year or two, I lost my link to this forum.  Thanks to another fellow runner in another board, now I can re-acquaint myself with this board.

I am going for sub 3 at CIM this Dec.  I got 3:02 last Boston and 3:04 at Boston 2010.  I didn't run much end of last year due to job change and moving to a new place.  So, this past Apr, I didn't go for sub 3, knowing that I wasn't in shape to do so.

This Dec I will make my 1st attempt.

Robin, from the looks of your RA-log you appear to be rounding into seriously good shape.  Keep it rolling into September!

Cheers Ken, I'm having a bit of a mixed bag training quality wise but I've got to think there is some good improvement there from my last marathon two years ago.  Have you got one planned this fall?  There's an impressive streak to keep going after all!!  Say Hi to Jim.

DoppleBock

yes 

Heh.  I would have introduced you guys if I would have thought about the RA connection. 

Weren't the respective Scovill and MNRW tents right next to each other?

Long dead ... But my stench lingers !

DoppleBock

Dopplebock 11/20/2011 HHFMM Nashville, TN

Sub 3:00

This might be the year I actually show up in reasonable shape ....

spinach

I think I will throw my name back on the list here.  I will make a try to break three again in the On the Road for Education Marathon in Mason City IA on October 23.  I ran it several years ago and bad weather conditions kept me from breaking three there that year.  I hope I can get myself back in shape by then.

After a pretty dismal performance running the Lake Wobegon Marathon while injured I did manage to get in some training and I ran a couple marathons this summer, 3:19 at elevation in June and 3:23 in the heat and humidity in July, so I am getting my endurance back although I have lost my speed.  At Paavo next week I will get in another training marathon probably around the same times as those two.  Maybe I will be able to find some speed again  in the next two months.

Dopplebock 11/20/2011 HHFMM Nashville, TN

Sub 3:00

This might be the year I actually show up in reasonable shape ....

wow.

I'll be at the finish line waiting for the clock to tick over to noon.

Get off my porch

I Ain't Dead Yet!

It's been awhile since I've posted here.  Putting in some heavy miles this week (already at 103.5 and still have my 13.5 mile run home from work tonight) in preparation for the Ragnar Relay race.  We're running the ultra division again this year but we're missing our superstar (Ben Schneider) from the team.  Actually we're now a team of 5 so unless I get a last minute replacement I might be running the #3 and #6 spots myself.  Scovill's friend may come to our rescue to make a complete team of 6.  Just hoping it works out.  Dopple Bock you should consider joining us next year.  Maybe you and Scovill along with Ben.  Now that would be a dream team.

Put me on the calendar for sub-3:00 at Twin Cities.  I think it will be a good tune-up, faster long run in preparation for NYC about a month later.  If all goes well I'll finish 2:57-2:59 range and start to ramp it down from there.  Some silly muse in my head has me thinking that 2:45 is feasible.Shocked

My hair is gone and I'm almost blind
                        The days of my youth are far behind
                        My neck is stiff, I can't turn my head
                        Can't hear one-half that's being said
                        And this is the message I want you to get
                        I'm still a-kicking, and I ain't dead yet.

DoppleBock

Its a stretch  goal

HHFFM#1  3:00:46

HHFFM#2  3:17:16 ( I was in the same realative shape in 2009 & 2010 - Not sure what happened)

I owe the monkey some payback for last year

wow.

I'll be at the finish line waiting for the clock to tick over to noon.

The monkey is a cruel beast. I'll be back one year to redeem my first pitiful attempt.

Get off my porch

This is my low mileage week.  Kind of a rest week after decent mileage recently, and also tapering for a race for this Sat.

DoppleBock

Definately a possibility - I am not sure what 2012 will bring ... 

2:45 is possible 

It's been awhile since I've posted here.  Putting in some heavy miles this week (already at 103.5 and still have my 13.5 mile run home from work tonight) in preparation for the Ragnar Relay race.  We're running the ultra division again this year but we're missing our superstar (Ben Schneider) from the team.  Actually we're now a team of 5 so unless I get a last minute replacement I might be running the #3 and #6 spots myself.  Scovill's friend may come to our rescue to make a complete team of 6.  Just hoping it works out.  Dopple Bock you should consider joining us next year.  Maybe you and Scovill along with Ben.  Now that would be a dream team.

Put me on the calendar for sub-3:00 at Twin Cities.  I think it will be a good tune-up, faster long run in preparation for NYC about a month later.  If all goes well I'll finish 2:57-2:59 range and start to ramp it down from there.  Some silly muse in my head has me thinking that 2:45 is feasible.Shocked