These vegans are scaring me... (Read 1069 times)

zoom-zoom

rectumdamnnearkilledem

buncha nutters I think a lack of animal products has eroded their brains...

Getting the wind knocked out of you is the only way to

remind your lungs how much they like the taste of air.    

~ Sarah Kay

Now that was a bath...

Kirsten, I can't get anything up in the link. I used to be vegan. Probably doesn't surprise anyone though. I lived in a vegan squat and when I got pregnant with my eldest I used to hide in supermarket toilets eating cheese. They would have thrown me out of the squat had they known about it! I didn't enjoy being vegan. In fact I only became vegan because I overheard Pete (Alice's father) saying that he could never have nookie with a meat eater. I got my man! Pity he turned out to be rubbish. Claire xxx
    • jlynnbob "HTFU, Kookie's distal tibia"
    • Where's my closet? I need to get back in it.

Dog-Love

I got some registration page for delphia or something like that. Check that vegan link My daughter swore off meat last night and I told her I would join her knowing it would pass in a couple of days adn I am not that big a meat eater. She loves sweet and sour chicken and I think sweet and sour tofu won't cut it. Clair: Ever wonder what that vegan rubbish ex man of your is up to these days and if he is now eating meat and running a corporate health food business?
        Run like you are on fire! 5K goal 24:00 or less (PR 24:34) 10K goal 50:00 or less (PR 52:45) HM goal 1:55:00 or less (PR 2:03:02) Marathon Goal...Less than my PR (PR 4:33:23)
        zoom-zoom

rectumdamnnearkilledem

I got some registration page for delphia or something like that. Check that vegan link
          It's a Delphi forum--must not be readable to "guests," unfortunately. They are claiming that running makes people unhealthy (they have proof--some runners have heart attacks ) and that all meat-eaters are fat...that meat is what made them fat and running and all exercise is worthless, since only a vegan diet will make a person thin, not increasing exercise or watching calories. They also discuss Carl Lewis and say that he was fat until he stopped eating meat. Right.

~ Sarah Kay

zoom-zoom

rectumdamnnearkilledem

Here are some gems... "In addition to being hard work, jogging also leads to premature death through cancer or heart attack. The two men who started the jogging craze in America both dropped dead in their forties from heart attacks. Too much exercise releases oxidants in the bloodstream, causing cancer and heart attack." ~~~~~ "I think this is what might have happened to Lillian Board in the sixties. A fine athlete , world beater and brave. She ran when she was suffering from cancer, she died of cancer" ~~~~~ "Many people are under the false impression that heavy exercise is beneficial to health. A recent medical article featured a case of heart disease caused by marathon running. http://www.sciencedaily.com/releases/2007/03/070315091100.htm The two men who started the running craze decades ago both died young of heart attacks. Exercise is also greatly overrated as a means to lose weight. The Olympian runner Carl Lewis ran for hours a day but was still too fat. He came to Doctor MacDougall who introduced him to a vegan diet and helped him lose weight." ~~~~~ "Yes, exercise does not lose weight, but the marathon man probably was a meat eater so exercise was useless, as the problem was not lack of exercise but bad diet. With clogged arteries all the exercise in the world won't help." ~~~~~ "Agreed. The problem isn't so much with exercise and fitness but too much exercise and doing too many of the wrong exercises. Too little is as bad as too much. Many elite athletes look a lot older than they are, except for their muscles. And they often don't practice healthy eating habits. One of the main problems is that too many of our common exercises are derived from the military. Basically, these exercises are part of the training that turns human beings into ruthless killing machines. Most regular people don't need to be fit like a combat soldier. A few decades ago, the only people who jogged regularly in the U.S were military men and a very small number of elite athletes. Military exercises favor large muscles, brute strength, speed and endurance. This isn't to say that everything the military has done in the health and fitness fields are not relevant to civilians. Believe it or not, most Americans didn't regularly brush their teeth before the 1950s. It was the U.S military that pioneered the use of regular toothbrushing during World War II, and this was adopted by most Americans during the 50s during a very "militarized" period in our history. Military exercises ignore flexibility and general health; one can have large muscles and still be unhealthy. The future of fitness is with Yoga and other "gentle", holistic approaches to exercise which emphasize general health, flexibility, deep breathing and spirituality. Military exercises tend to favor the "man as machine" approach to life - unemotional, inflexible, follows orders, conforms, ruthless, materialistic. These exercises are part of a large system that turns people into cogs in a machine. Yoga, Pilates, Tai'chi and similar exercises favor the whole person, the mind, the body, spirit and a fully balanced, authentic life. This is part of a system that allows people to live life as a dance, full of love, light, creativity, and true joy." ~~~~~ Nuts.

~ Sarah Kay

Scout7

One of the main problems is that too many of our common exercises are derived from the military. Basically, these exercises are part of the training that turns human beings into ruthless killing machines. Most regular people don't need to be fit like a combat soldier. A few decades ago, the only people who jogged regularly in the U.S were military men and a very small number of elite athletes. Military exercises favor large muscles, brute strength, speed and endurance. This isn't to say that everything the military has done in the health and fitness fields are not relevant to civilians. Believe it or not, most Americans didn't regularly brush their teeth before the 1950s. It was the U.S military that pioneered the use of regular toothbrushing during World War II, and this was adopted by most Americans during the 50s during a very "militarized" period in our history. Military exercises ignore flexibility and general health; one can have large muscles and still be unhealthy. The future of fitness is with Yoga and other "gentle", holistic approaches to exercise which emphasize general health, flexibility, deep breathing and spirituality. Military exercises tend to favor the "man as machine" approach to life - unemotional, inflexible, follows orders, conforms, ruthless, materialistic. These exercises are part of a large system that turns people into cogs in a machine. Yoga, Pilates, Tai'chi and similar exercises favor the whole person, the mind, the body, spirit and a fully balanced, authentic life. This is part of a system that allows people to live life as a dance, full of love, light, creativity, and true joy."
              I don't even know where to begin with that.......... Apparently, my military programming prevents me from responding.... Twits. The lot of them.
              zoom-zoom

rectumdamnnearkilledem

I know...how offensive. But you are just a killing machine, right? k

~ Sarah Kay

JakeKnight

I don't even know where to begin with that.......... Apparently, my military programming prevents me from responding.... Twits. The lot of them.
                  I just wrote a long, long rant. And then lost it all. And I think I'm glad. It was ugly. Use your imagination. It would have scarred a few people. The short version: what a stupid, stupid, stupid, stupid, stupid little dumbass. Why do people who hate the military always, always know exactly nothing about it? And I love the snide reference to Jim Fixx's death. The anti-exercise stupids always bring it up. They never tell you the rest of the story: sure he died at 52, while running (sounds nice to me), but he had a severe history of family heart disease. His father had a heart attack at 35, and dropped dead at 42. Fixx didn't even start running until 35, and probably added 10+ years to his life. Of course, the running would have given him cancer any second, I'm sure. If it didn't turn him into a mindless killing automaton. God I hate stupid people. I'm going to go do my Dance of Death now. Then, for lunch, I'm eating a couple animals.

E-mail: eric.fuller.mail@gmail.com
                  -----------------------------

zoom-zoom

rectumdamnnearkilledem

I'm going to go do my Dance of Death now. Then, for lunch, I'm eating a couple animals.
                    Yeah...as I was driving my son to school I was salivating thinking about all the meat we grilled up last night. Hmmm...do I want chicken breast or a burger for dinner. Heck, I think I will have one of each! Big grin k

~ Sarah Kay

shyrunner07

please tell me K that you went in there and stirred up a big ol' vat of shit! those freaks are beyound loony!! If i had the $$, i'd sign them all up for shipments from Omaha Steaks...lol my sister has been a vegetarian for almost 2 years...I don't know how she does it. I would miss chicken and sausage too much!
                      zoom-zoom

rectumdamnnearkilledem

please tell me K that you went in there and stirred up a big ol' vat of shit! those freaks are beyound loony!! If i had the $$, i'd sign them all up for shipments from Omaha Steaks...lol
                        Nah...though the thought of posting images of big, juicy steaks does seem tempting. I love the idea of shipping them meat--or even cheese! Who abhors cheese?! What the hell is wrong with these people?! Wink k

~ Sarah Kay

I feast on meat for about a quarter or third of my meals. My totally non vegeterian meal is typically supper. (Coming from someone whose main food staple is beans) I think it is good to limit ones intake of meats.

Vim

Scout7

I think it is good to limit ones intake of meats.
                            I generally agree with this statement. And I have nothing against vegans, or carnivores, or anyone other religious denomination. I do, however, take great offense to their gross generalizations about subjects to which none of them seem to have any knowledge.
                            zoom-zoom

rectumdamnnearkilledem

I feast on meat for about a quarter or third of my meals. My totally non vegeterian meal is typically supper. (Coming from someone whose main food staple is beans) I think it is good to limit ones intake of meats.
                              What is your definition of limiting? Even when I was doing hardcore Atkins I rarely ate more than 6oz. of meat in a given day, since it's $$ and no one needs that much protein. I ate far more veggies, low-glycemic fruits and berries, and salads than at any other time in my life, too. I have seen a LOT of vegetarians/vegans over the years who get most of their calories from starches, not nutrient rich fruits and veggies. Beans are awesome, though...the "musical fruit," ya' know... Wink k

~ Sarah Kay

What is your definition of limiting? I just limit the number of meals in which I consume meat. When I do eat meat, it usually is 8 to 12oz. My theory is that reducing meat consumptions keeps plaque from building up in one's colon. Yes, we get plaque in there and in our arteries. This is why, I get a monthly colonic irrigation to flush everything out, and eat lots of beans and veggies. A good indicator for determining if you are eating right is how fast your waste decomposes. If it's taking more than 2 days, you are eating some bad stuff. Just kidding on the colonic irrigation

Vim