Anyone dealt with this knee pain? (Read 160 times)

Thinking it may be a tendon issue. It's been hurting for about a week. Not constant, but especially if there's a twisting motion.

JimR

I think knees are the LEAST of your problems.

SMART Approach

Are you doing anything different? More miles, more road time, poor shoes?? Are you a newer runner? Exact same on both sides? Sore if you push on it? Sorry. These are all valid questions. Sometimes you just have an added stress you have to work through but you need to listen to your body.  You circled medial condyle of tibia where I often see stress reactions and stress fractures. I am not saying this is what yours is but just curious of your history and what lead to the pain. 3 muscle/tendons attach there, gracious, sartorius and semitendonosis but these are not common tendinitis sites but not impossible.

Run Coach. Recovery Coach. Founder of SMART Approach Training, Coaching & Recovery

Structured Marathon Adaptive Recovery Training

Safe Muscle Activation Recovery Technique

www.smartapproachtraining.com

What? You have a problem with the fact that I refuse to subject myself to society's idea of what a woman should look like?! 

Hey TChuck, sorry for being vague I was in a super hurry. Nothing has changed except I did a couple of sets of stair sprints, and I've been running for about 4-5 months or so. It's only on the left knee. That was the only picture I could find that had the correct location circled (was on my phone, couldn't take a picture of my own knee at the time Smile Yes, it's sore if you push on it.

Are you doing anything different? More miles, more road time, poor shoes?? Are you a newer runner? Exact same on both sides? Sore if you push on it? Sorry. These are all valid questions. Sometimes you just have an added stress you have to work through but you need to listen to your body.  You circled medial condyle of tibia where I often see stress reactions and stress fractures. I am not saying this is what yours is but just curious of your history and what lead to the pain. 3 muscle/tendons attach there, gracious, sartorius and semitendonosis but these are not common tendinitis sites but not impossible.

JimR

What? You have a problem with the fact that I refuse to subject myself to society's idea of what a woman should look like?! 

maybe something other than a ken doll?

maybe something other than a ken doll?

At least the legs are shaved Big grin

SMART Approach

Hey TChuck, sorry for being vague I was in a super hurry. Nothing has changed except I did a couple of sets of stair sprints, and I've been running for about 4-5 months or so. It's only on the left knee. That was the only picture I could find that had the correct location circled (was on my phone, couldn't take a picture of my own knee at the time Smile Yes, it's sore if you push on it.

If sore to touch on the bone, then it is a stress response probably to the stair running. It might be a bit much as 4 months into running is really a short period of time and your body is still adapting to running stress. Listen to your body as you DO NOT want this to progress. Ice is good and maybe back off for a few days to allow your body to adapt to the bone stress or do a bit more cross training for a week.

Run Coach. Recovery Coach. Founder of SMART Approach Training, Coaching & Recovery

Structured Marathon Adaptive Recovery Training

Safe Muscle Activation Recovery Technique

www.smartapproachtraining.com

Thanks so much TChuck.

joescott

I cried trying to suppress the laughter.

Just for this comment I have to hope that this gets nominated for a 2015 thread of the year award of some kind.

- Joe

We are fragile creatures on collision with our judgment day.

I cried trying to suppress the laughter.

Just for this comment I have to hope that this gets nominated for a 2015 thread of the year award of some kind.

You're not alone, Joe!

That pic could have been cropped just above the quad...

You're not alone, Joe!

That pic could have been cropped just above the quad...

It was a stock photo!! Lol, geez guys 

#artbydmcbride

JimR should be not commenting on your body, Hayatiggs, it is highly insensitive!

Besides, have you seen his feet??!! 

Runners run

LedLincoln

not bad for mile 25

Fixed it for you.

Except I'm a girl, and I only wear boxers on laundry day Big grin