Athlinks rank? (Read 260 times)

Rockin

Does anyone know what that  "Athlinks Rank" means? For example it says "Top 45.9% Athlinks Rank", does that mean 45.9% of all  Athlinks members or 45.9% of all Athlinks members in that person's age group, or what?

delicate flower

All I know is that my rank in all distances is "ROFL ROFL"

<3

AmoresPerros

Options,Account, Forums

Mine says FFS

It's a 5k. It hurt like hell...then I tried to pick it up. The end.

Rockin

Would that be ROFL a higher number than expected or ROFL a lower number than expected?

Fanilow

Mine is "Oh girl, you need to take up a different sport...like knitting."

2014 goals

Well, there's always next year.

an amazing likeness

Does anyone know what that  "Athlinks Rank" means? For example it says "Top 45.9% Athlinks Rank", does that mean 45.9% of all  Athlinks members or 45.9% of all Athlinks members in that person's age group, or what?

According to Athlinks, it means ".. your Athlinks ranks, which is your % ranking against other participants..".  I'd interpret that to mean against the times of all other Athlinks members' times at the same running distance.

Acceptable at a dance, invaluable in a shipwreck.

TeamMom_Athlinks

Hi all! Just to clarify the Athlinks Rank is against all times in that person's age group (all results in our database in that age division) - not just Athlinks members in that age group.  If you have enough results in at a given distance, it will also take into account any anomalies and toss them out of the calculation such as if you ran with your child and your 5k time was outside of your norm. Hope this helps! Thanks!

Best Present Ever

Hi all! Just to clarify the Athlinks Rank is against all times in that person's age group (all results in our database in that age division) - not just Athlinks members in that age group.  If you have enough results in at a given distance, it will also take into account any anomalies and toss them out of the calculation such as if you ran with your child and your 5k time was outside of your norm. Hope this helps! Thanks!

That's terrific.  Even though I'm not very fast, I still wish I could put an asterisk by some of my times.  "Walk/jogged with my daughter who yelled at me the whole race then sprinted the last 100 meters"

Rockin

Thanks for explaining that.