Sports Authority replacement plan (Read 5817 times)

Fixed

769 w/ free shipping from NB store @ $79 all models

http://www.nbwebexpress.com/search_results.asp?qry=r769&s1=dbm&s2=FSWC1b&s3=100809h

Simbo -- check out Joes New Balance Factory outlet - it 'might' be cheaper -- this is where I get most of my shoes now

http://www.joesnewbalanceoutlet.com/

Champions are made when no one is watching

Simbo -- check out Joes New Balance Factory outlet - it 'might' be cheaper -- this is where I get most of my shoes now

http://www.joesnewbalanceoutlet.com/

Agreed -- great spot for cheap NB shoes / wears / etc ... however, it's only for discontinued models ... I happen to have a couple of pairs of 769's ... you can't get them there yet [at least that was the case about a month ago.] 

I just happeded to get an e-mail from NB this AM which was my prior link with a picture of the 769 on it.

2012= under-goaled

Agreed -- great spot for cheap NB shoes / wears / etc ... however, it's only for discontinued models ... I happen to have a couple of pairs of 769's ... you can't get them there yet [at least that was the case about a month ago.] 

I just happeded to get an e-mail from NB this AM which was my prior link with a picture of the 769 on it.

YES -- you are correct about that......I have been running in NB 1062 and think - for my foot they are the best shoe ever made.......and pretty much, the only place I can get time is Joes -- which of course means there will be a day when I can't get them any longer......just hope its a long time from now....

Champions are made when no one is watching

Kizakl

I bought the plan when I purchased a pair of Asics im July.  The shoe was on sale for $75 and I wore the inside heel out in 4 months..the rest of the shoe was in pretty good shape.   When I called they told me they would pay me back for my purchase.  I received my check from them today for the amound of $102.00  So yes it is totally worth it.

Hoodoo Guru

Maybe I could fix it, but it is about #10,363 down on the list of things I'd like to change about myself.

I hope changing your avatar is in the top ten.

The tangents are moot.

xor

Why?

vide0guy

I am a Sports Authority employee right now. I hate the job, I'm underpaid and overworked, but that's besides the point. I spend all day every day trying to convince people to buy this plan along with Thorlo sock and insoles.

To be completely honest, if I were to buy a pair of shoes from my store I would purchase the plan along with them. I have had nothing but satisfied customer's coming to replace a broken pair of shoes. I have never offered to anyone and had them say "No I got it last time and it doesn't work" when someone gets it once, they get it with their next pair. I reccomend the plan and it is not to support the company, it really is true.

KMB

Maybe I could fix it, but it is about #10,363 down on the list of things I'd like to change about myself.

I hope changing your avatar is in the top ten.

hijack:  the outcome of this is why i continue to read this thread.

xor

Why are we hatin on Donuts?

joshjagg

I was pretty sceptical about this plan but got $100 gift card to Sports Authority for Christmas so I bought a pair of Asics GT 2150. My brother told me about the replacement plan so I bought it along with the shoes. Luckily, I also had a 10% off coupon so I think I only paid about 65 cents out of pocket.

This past weekend, just to see if the plan was actually all it was cracked up to be, I returned the shoes to the store (you don't have to mail them if you return them within 30 days of purchase) after having only run in them for about 3 or 4 weeks. I brought them up to the exchange and return counter, showed the cashier the receipt and told her I purchased the plan. She didn't even take the shoes out of the box. She just looked at them quickly, and told me she'd hold them up at the front while I got my replacement shoes.

So that's what I did (I got a pair of the Gel Kinsei 2....which I'll be returning since I don't like the feel). Simple as that!

I think this deal is awesome. Probably the reason SA offers it is because most people don't actually use the plan. I, however, will definitely be using it again.

Carl A

Speed my steps along your path, according to your will.

Hoodoo Guru

hijack:  the outcome of this is why i continue to read this thread.

Sorry, didn't mean to hijack the thread and then disappear for two months with someone breathlessly waiting for my answer.

I want srlopez to change his avatar for the sole reason that I am tired of looking at it.

Hopefully he will move soon to honor my request. 

The tangents are moot.

johnk31

I have purchased this plan. It does work. I have returned 2 pairs of shoes and got replacements for the cost of the plan.
                            ernestob

I tried this plan and got my money back this week. I made the warranty claim based on the midsole support of the shoe being worn out.  You do have to cover the cost of shipping, but given that the plan cost $10 on a pair of $85 Nikes and $10.05 to ship from the UPS store, its still a pretty good net.  I wrote blog post that details the return process.
                              Dunottar

My experience with the replacement plan mirrors ernestob's to a tee (well, minus the marathon training:-).

I was HIGHLY skeptical when they offered it to me on a pair of Nimbus' last May. I asked _2_ salespeople AND the store manager the same question: "You mean if I put 400 miles on these shoes in a few months [at the time, i wasn't battling some injuries] and the cushioning goes, I can submit a claim and get the purchase price back?" I still didn'y really believe but took a flyer on it anyway.

Finally put enough miles on them (about 300) so I could,..in good conscience..., submit a warranty claim. Like ernestob, I couldn't do it via the website (error message). I called and also got a very pleasant customer service rep, who promptly sent me a return authorization label. I followed the return instructions exactly (you must include a copy of the original recept).

April 5 - Sent the shoes (From Delaware, byUSPS ground, about $10)

April 7 - Got delivery confirmition that they were received at their facility in Garland, Tx.

(Even up to this point, I wasn't convinced that I would actually receive the refund,...like it would fall in to a bureaucratic 'black hole' or something.)

April 19 - Received a Sports Authority gift card for what they say is the purchase price ( I haven't been to SA to verify the amount.)

So, yes, it does work if you save the receipt and go through the hassle of sending them back.

I agree, with ernest: SA is banking on purchasers of the warranty plan to 1) not save the receipt, 2) forget they have the plan, and/or 3) not have the time or not want to go through the pain-in-the-ass process of packing up and sending old, stinky shoes across the country.