running while sick. (Read 827 times)

xor

Isn't Cipro possibly bad for your tendons? http://www.webmd.com/news/20080708/fda-warning-cipro-may-rupture-tendons
    Yeah, that's the thing that I wrote that I then deleted because it isn't consistent across the stuff I read. I was told not to exercise when I was on it. Then again, I was told that it was the antibiotic of last resort, so what do I know.

...listen to the thunder

Yeah, I don't know for sure either. I do know there are other classes of antibiotics that aren't suspect to tendon ruptures. If I was going to continue running while on them, I might talk to my doctor about that concern. FWIW.

Run, Eat, Repeat.

Teresadfp

One day at a time

I'd forgotten about that link between Cipro and tendon problems. I'll have to remember that if my doctor prescribes it again for me. Thanks for mentioning it!
          See this is exactly why i don't go to the Dr! Started off with chest cold no poor bastard can not go out in the sun; risks vomiting for two weeks and now ruptured tendons .... Whats next people? Possible link to skin peeling off??

"It's supposed to be hard. If it wasn't hard, everyone would do it. The hard... is what makes it Great!

xor

Ah. Stay away from the accutane.

Skooter 3.0

WTF!?!!!!?!??

Goals?

xor

WTF!?!!!!?!??
                If you look up info on cipro, you will find this in some places but not other places, and all kinds of other stuff. This is one reason to talk to your pharm and/or doctor's office. But in any case, breathe. You will not spontaneously combust. It is a potential side effect along with a whole lot of other stuff you don't want and probably won't develop. (plus, Trent didn't freak out about it, which is a good thing.)

Skooter 3.0

Man...this is why I hate having to go to the doctor. I prefer my normal routine of just never getting sick. Angry

Goals?

It was *really* bad for my tendons (thankfully nothing ruptured) but I am pretty allergic to it.
                      you'll be fine. I have faith. Tongue

Best Present Ever

what I really can't wait for is the fact that a Blackberry is no longer optional. Big grin
                        But you'll have to listen to the docs talk about the reference books they used to have jammed in their coat pockets, the ripped pockets, the strained shoulders, etc and how you have it SO easy now. They, in turn, had to listen to the docs explaining how they had to look up meds on stone tablets and calculate dosages on an abacus.