When Can I Run (Read 1034 times)

Yesterday I hit my head on a shelf and I had to get 5 staples in my head Sad . I get the staples out a week from tomorrow. My question is when can I run.

PR's
    800: 2:38|1600: 5:18|3200: 11:55|3 mile:19:07

zoom-zoom

rectumdamnnearkilledem

Ouch, Logan, I hope it was just a minor wound. I'd ask your doctor what they recommend, though. Sending speedy healing vibes your way....

Getting the wind knocked out of you is the only way to

remind your lungs how much they like the taste of air.    

~ Sarah Kay

Thanks zoom-zoom. It was just a minor wound it took my parents and I 1 hour to decide to go to urgent care.

PR's

zoom-zoom

rectumdamnnearkilledem

Heh, until you have the staples pulled you should go find some metal detectors to set off... Evil grin

Getting the wind knocked out of you is the only way to

remind your lungs how much they like the taste of air.    

~ Sarah Kay

Probably depends on whether or not you had a concussion. Speedy recovery!!
            The Graduates - a community of post C25K runners!

Started Running 21 April 2008

2008 Running Goals
            • Finish C25K 22 Jun 2008
            • Run 5K 43:29 29 Jun 2008
            • Complete a 10K fun run

My Hero

If you feel up for it, how about tomorrow?
                Sans concussion, you should be fine to continue training. If you had a concussion, take the week off. On the conservative side, but one week won't hurt you much.
                  no concussion. My parents said I shouldn't until I get my staples out.

PR's

Double IPA Please!

I just wanted to add to what the others have already said- however, remember running might exacerbate any pain you may be having with it..the pounding may not be good for your head right away.

Interested in looking good and feeling great? Check out my website at www.marykay.com/dyerger

Shipping is always free with me!! :-)

JakeKnight

Then your question has already been asked and answered. On the list of people to listen to regarding your medical health, here's how the rankings go: 1) Your doctor 1) Your parents . . . . . . 3,456,110,210) Internet strangers who can't even see your head in the first place.

E-mail: eric.fuller.mail@gmail.com
                      -----------------------------

Rundadrun27

There's your answer. Congratulations for getting in to running at such a young age. Most people your age are too busy sitting in front of the T.V.
                          There's your answer, you wouldn't want the staples to rust from all that sweating. Wink Tom
                            Good job on the race lefty.
                            Scout7

Seriously? No one asked for pictures? What's wrong with you people? We need to see how bad it is first.
                                I need more information. Are your parents runners? If "yes", you need to consider their opinion. If "no", just smile and nod ok--then sneak out and run! Big grin TC

"I'd rather die while I'm living than live while I'm dead..." J. Buffett There are two rules in life: 1.) Don't sweat the small stuff 2.) It's ALL small stuff