Training for Quadzilla (Read 172 times)

Or Quadzuki. Or maybe a Double Goofy.  (Is there a name for that if it isn't a Disney race?)

Firecracker is seven months out, and I'm starting to get my training plan together and could use advice.  I don't race in the same sense that most of you do.  I'm mostly racing against myself.  I'm old.  I'm slow.  I walk more than I run.  I probably shouldn't be doing any of this stuff, but since when has that ever stopped me.  My race goals are always to start, finish and have fun.  I'm four stars after this years Firecracker Double and five moons after last years Firecracker Triple Half so it seems reasonable to do the Quad this year.

So, what do you think?  Can I do this?  (Probably) Should I do this? (Sure, why not?) Where do I start?  (Maybe I should try C25K again)  My training this spring will be easier that 2012 because I will only be working one job at two locations, instead of two jobs at three locations.  That means 40 to 45 hours a week instead of 55 to 60 hours a week. 

Thanks!

Rose Marathon Maniac #991 Half Fanatic #58 It's a perfect day and I feel great!