What do you love about running? (Read 1166 times)

When I'm running, I feel good about being out there, but it HURTS.
    You're not in HS anymore... Slow down a bit and enjoy! I enjoy so many things about running, but the main one is just getting time by myself to think.
    mdmccat

Beatin' on the Rock

Mr. Inertia: It makes me feel like an athlete runner92: It fills me with a sense of accomplishment. mtsnorider: I love how I feel after running a distance that I didn't think I could do when I started that day. obiebyke: having a healthy commitment in my life zoom-zoom: setting a good example for my kid being an inspiration to other pudgy moms...I hope they see that runners come in all shapes and sizes and think about taking up a sport for themselves holo: I love setting up small short term goals and accomplishing them. stfuandrun: I love seeing the look on someones face when I say that I ran 4 miles that morning.
      Big grin
      Be yourself. Those that matter, don't mind. Those that mind, don't matter.
        Well, I hate the gym. I can run anywhere. Oh, and the feeling I get about 2 hours after the run is pretty nice , too.

- Anya

run4fun8910

I do love running so far. Now I have am just completing 6 weeks of running today. But here is my list: 1) I love the fact that I can now get up walk out my door and run 2.25 miles (pr) so far. 2) I love the feeling I have after the run 3) I really love the 20lbs in weight loss so far 4) Fitness: I love that I can now walk up the 3 flights of stairs with out getting winded. I also really love been part of you runners.
          Short term goal: 5K Long term goal: half marathon. Stay injury free. Shawn
          Lane

You're not in HS anymore... Slow down a bit and enjoy!
            A little pain is good now and then... Running can be like hitting yourself in the head with a 2x4: it feels super good when you stop.

Kings Canyon NP 07'

I love running because I am a runner. I am a runner because I love running.

left-right-left-right-repeat

Another Passion

Finishing a run or a race. Oh, and nice easy runs with DW on beautiful mornings like today. Smile

Rick
                "The will to win means nothing without the will to prepare." - Juma Ikangaa
                "I wanna go fast." Ricky Bobby
                runningforcassy.blogspot.com

Finishing a run or a race. Oh, and nice easy runs with DW on beautiful mornings like today. Smile
                  A great reason Rick! Long may you run. Yes For me the reasons are many. I started running in '94 to lose weight. I accomplished that but before I managed to stop running, I ran my first race. Sheeesh .... who ever dreamed running (and racing) could be fun. I've been at it ever since. Training is mentally relaxing from everyday life even though it's serious business for a competitive racer. I haven't gotten faster in the last 12 years but due to being older, I win a lot now. 20:00-21:00 is a fantastic time for a 5k in the 55-59 AD and I can do a 26.2 mile training run and get a Boston qualifying time. So as of now, it's not only the health benefits of running that drive me but the spirit of competition as well. Most everyone likes to be a winner sometimes and running affords me that pleasure.

At the end of the day, be happy with where you are and what you've accomplished.

I guess the best thing I like about running is when I am not running, what I mean by that is I really like the feeling of being in shape, you breath better, stairs are not hard and just a feeling of well being over all, also you can eat more even tho I tend to do that anyway. When people ask me why I run I just say to lose weight because you cant really tell a nonrunner why you run any way. Becarefull out there. Cool

Turning back the clock one mile at a time

I love the feeling of motion, seeing, feeling the world go by. I love the feeling of effort -- a good effort, working up a sweat. I love running with a group when we get into a good ryhthm. I like to hear the sounds of shoes hitting pavement, when people are at a high work rate, no talking...just breathing and feet! I love running with a group of friends, jogging along, chit-chatting about nothing, just enjoying the company. I love racing, competing against others and myself, overriding personal limits. I love it when a great race strategy comes together, whether I win anything or not. Success is sweet. I love running down a long trail by myself, sharing nature with the "locals". Smile

Half Fanatic #846

... it's the feeling during a run. It's that moment you look down at the watch and wonder where the time went. How could I cover that distance in what seemed liked an instant. It's a time I can zone out all the days BS. My time.
                        Exactly!! Plus, it makes me feel good for the next few hours too. Smile

"I don't always roll a joint, but when I do, it's usually my ankle" - unk.         "Frankly autocorrect, I'm getting a bit tired of your shirt".                  I ran half my last race on my left foot!                                  

RIP, Henry, my soul mate

I LOVE Your profile picture, as my BFF is my Golden Retriever Frazier...... ( even though HUB is great too!) Ditto on what running is doing for my 41 year old body. Of all the diets and dreadmill walking I have done over the years, nothing is tightening things up quicker than running has. I have only been at it since September of 2007, but man, I could not even Imagine NOT running now. I cannot wait to get to a solid base foundation built so that I can add more days of the week with short/easy runs to really get this sluggish metabolisim ramped up. Wink
                          Hi Cheffy, Just got back from spending last night and today at my step-sons' big indoor meet, so I didn't see your post until today. That's Hoover, my "baby" in my profile picture. I also have two ancient beagles, who are my "old men." I don't know what I'd do without any of them! Anne

Renee the dog

Lots of what has been said, but also, I like running because it is time in my day when NO ONE IS TOUCHING ME! Big grin I have a 4 yr old, a 1 yr old, a 1 yr old dog, and a husband.

GOALS 2012: UNDECIDED

GOALS 2011: LIVE!!!

Teresadfp

One day at a time

Lots of what has been said, but also, I like running because it is time in my day when NO ONE IS TOUCHING ME! Big grin I have a 4 yr old, a 1 yr old, a 1 yr old dog, and a husband.
                              Oh, my, you're making me spit out my coffee!

...---...

I love the post run beer. And Shin Splints! Yep, good times!

San Francisco - 7/29/12

Warrior Dash Ohio II - 8/26/12

Chicago - 10/7/12