What's best for rehydration after running? (Read 594 times)

xhristopher

Summer is coming. Be sure to vote.

TeaOlive

old woman w/hobby

Water.

steph  

All of the above, except maybe the pond/lake/sea water, i'd likely drink from a stream if desperate enough. Last week ran though some sprinklers, and gladly let the water hit my mouth, knowing it was municipal water albeit coming thorough moss covered hoses.

obiebyke

I love sparkling water after a run and always.

Call me Ray (not Ishmael)

xhristopher

Crap! I forgot IV, the quickest way to rehydration after a marathon.

montag

Super Pro Lurker

I put Ultima. I don't know what it is, but it sounds pretty good. But really I mostly drink water and sometimes eat salty snacks if I have a craving.

bhearn

Ultragen. But it's more about the carbs and the BCAAs than hydration.

bhearn

I put Ultima. I don't know what it is, but it sounds pretty good.

Guess again.

joescott

Is this a trick question?

- Joe

We are fragile creatures on collision with our judgment day.

I'll usually down a large glass of chocolate milk for recovery and then head to 7-11 for a Super Big Gulp of diet pepsi or diet coke.

Not really a water drinker and that gets about 1.5 litres of fluid through me quickly

2018 Goals

Figure out the achilles thing...... and THEN try to get running regularly again.

No racing goals 

Arimathea

Tessa

I put Ultima. I don't know what it is, but it sounds pretty good. But really I mostly drink water and sometimes eat salty snacks if I have a craving.

If you had ever tried it you would not have chosen it. Stagnant pond water would be better than Ultima. That and Heed are the only things I have ever spat out at an aid station.

Arimathea

Tessa

Most of the time, diet Coke. After a very long run, full or ultra, I vote for a margarita. Lime juice for potassium, salt for sodium, ice for rehydration, and tequila to kill any pain. Perfect postrace beverage.

NikoRosa

Funky Kicks 2019

I drink water but after my run I also have my fiber drink.  It's nasty, so I add the fiber to water, then add a couple scoops of hot cocoa mix to make it taste better.  I don't know where that falls in the poll, but it is what works for me.

Leah, mother of dogs

I drink a smoothie or shake after my morning run, but that is more about nutrients than hydration.

When I am looking specifically for hydration I reach for sports drink (Gatorade or Nuun) if I can feel salt on my face. Otherwise water is fine.

--

Nashville, TN

Julia1971

Crap! I forgot IV, the quickest way to rehydration after a marathon.

And Slurpee!  Unless Slurpees are adult frozen beverages.  I'm thinking they are...