Great Bay Half Marathon (Read 573 times)

Well, I wanted to do it in 2 1/2 hours, but I came in at 2:08:32. Maybe I'll do another one; one with a lot fewer "rolling hills". Some of those "hills" screamed out for rappelling gear! I will admit to a sense of satisfaction, though. I thought I was in way over my head. The longest race I've ever done was a 10k, and the longest casual run I've ever done was 12 miles last November. With a flatter course, I can see sub 2 hours. Maybe this autumn. Can anyone recommend one in the MA or NH area that tends to be relatively flat?

upcoming races:

Nicely done Rich, I so proud. After getting my ass kicked by the Applefest course for three years running, I'm also in the market for a nice flat fast HM. Ever heard of the historic Mill City of Lowell? Baystate Marathon and The Sun Half Marathon - October 19th MTA: Does this mean I have to buy you a beer tomorrow?

E.J.
      Greater Lowell Road Runners
      Cry havoc and let slip the dawgs of war!

May the road rise to meet you, may the wind be always at your back, may the sun shine warm upon your SPF30, may the rains fall soft upon your sweat-wicking hat, and until you hit the finish line may The Flying Spaghetti Monster hold you in the hollow of His Noodly Appendage.

I won't be there tomorrow. It's my 25th consecutive Red Sox opener. Kathy will be there. She can have my beer.

upcoming races:

I won't be there tomorrow. It's my 25th consecutive Red Sox opener.
          My bad, I keep forgetting. I have a built in excuse, I am getting on in years. Have fun, in your honor we'll hold a group prayer for the Sox at Hookslide's.

E.J.
          Greater Lowell Road Runners
          Cry havoc and let slip the dawgs of war!

May the road rise to meet you, may the wind be always at your back, may the sun shine warm upon your SPF30, may the rains fall soft upon your sweat-wicking hat, and until you hit the finish line may The Flying Spaghetti Monster hold you in the hollow of His Noodly Appendage.

Blisters

The Maine Half in early October is very flat (most of the hills come after the turnaround and only affect the marathoners).
            lostinthenet3

MM#1869

I enjoyed the Great Bay. I wanted a few mins faster but I will get it next yr. For now just Happy to Finish. Doug.

"If you run, you are a runner. It doesn't matter how fast or how far. It doesn't matter if today is your first day or if you've been running for twenty years. There is no test to pass, no license to earn, no membership card to get. You just run."

coastwalker

Can anyone recommend one in the MA or NH area that tends to be relatively flat?
                There is the Seacoast Half in Portsmouth, NH on Veteran's Day weekend. There are hills at the beginning (down) and the end (up), but other than that, it is relatively flat. Here's the web site: http://www.seacoasthalfmarathon.com Jay

Without ice cream there would be darkness and chaos.

L Train

I second Jay's recommendation of Seacoast 1/2. It was largely flat and it was well run.