Hydration Calculator (Read 999 times)

mbk

I've recently been teaching my Team in Training group about hydration, and I developed a Hydration Calculator to help them understand how much fluid they lost on a run (and how that translates into ounces per hour). It would be an easy thing to do in the daily workout log: Starting Weight: Ending Weight: Oz. Fluid Consumed: Of course you could also factor urine, eating, etc., but that's probably too complicated. The results could display: Pounds/Ounces Lost Ounces Lost per Hour Percent of Body Weight lost These would help people develop their own personal hydration strategy. Thanks for such a great tool!
      Did you develop the calculator or is it just your great idea.

PR's
      800: 2:38|1600: 5:18|3200: 11:55|3 mile:19:07

mbk, shoot me an email and I'll send you my version. It would be nice to compare and see how close we are. harmer_adam@yahoo.com.
        www.mnultrarunner.blogspot.com
        mbk

Here is my calculator. It is based on the great article "Proper Hydration for Distance Running" from the USATF (PDF here).
          eric :)

Hi Marshall, That's a good idea. It's also very easy to add. I'll see if I can add it along with the new log. eric :-)
              I can't figure out how to use your calculator mbk. It came up with something like number unknown. Logan

PR's
              800: 2:38|1600: 5:18|3200: 11:55|3 mile:19:07