It's snowing! (Read 649 times)

Smile I know this might not be a big deal for some of you - but this is only the 4th time in 9 years that I've lived here that it has snowed. I hope it sticks, I am SO going on a trail run in the morning if it does! (and probbaly if it doesn't, too).
    Next up: A 50k in ? Done: California-Oregon-Arizona-Nevada (x2)-Wisconsin-Wyoming-Utah-Michigan-Colorado
      Lucky! It's only really snowed here 2-3 times that I can remember.

Gotta TRI

Oh how I wish I lived where you live!! We've gotten more snow this month than we have all last season!! I am so ready to move to a warmer climate more condusive to year round running. Roll eyes
        2010 Dec. California International Marathon 2011 Jan. Disney Marathon

We only got about 3 inches last night, so it only took me an hour to shovel the driveway. We've gotten about 3 feet of snow this month already.

Run to Win
          25 Marathons, 17 Ultras, 16 States (Full List)

zoom-zoom

rectumdamnnearkilledem

Oh how I wish I lived where you live!! We've gotten more snow this month than we have all last season!! I am so ready to move to a warmer climate more condusive to year round running. Roll eyes
            Yeah...I'd love to live in the UK or on the West Coast. I'm already sick of snow and it's hardly begun. I have a friend in LA and her weather is so temperate...right near the the ocean it never gets too hot or too cold. Landy, you have to take pics. Snow is at least pretty to look at, even if it's not always so fun to run on. Smile

Getting the wind knocked out of you is the only way to

remind your lungs how much they like the taste of air.    

~ Sarah Kay

Along for the Ride

Zoomers - rethink the West Coast (at least the northern part). Not even our dog wants to go outside right now ... http://www.weather.com/outlook/health/coldandflu/tenday/98272?par=OAP&site=COLDH&code=null&cm_ven=WOWs_voap&cm_cat=Cold&cm_ite=link&cm_pla=10-day Rain is one thing, but near freezing rain is another. I am constantly cold in the winter, you never really dry out. PS: How do you turn a long link like the above into a click ??

Your living is determined not so much by what life brings to you as by the attitude you bring to life; not so much by what happens to you as by the way your mind looks at what happens.

Out of suffering have emerged the strongest souls; the most massive characters are seared with scars.

Landy, you have to take pics. Snow is at least pretty to look at, even if it's not always so fun to run on. Smile
                It was really pretty!....Only did a short 4 mile, but it was just great to get out into it!
                Next up: A 50k in ? Done: California-Oregon-Arizona-Nevada (x2)-Wisconsin-Wyoming-Utah-Michigan-Colorado

12 Squared

We got about 2" of liquid snow down here in Bama. When we get "real" snow (more than .5") all heck breaks loose and forget about buying bread or milk. Folks stock up like they're getting ready for the apocalypse. Not to mention that's when all the Bubba's get their 4X4s out and show everyone how tough their truck really is. Enjoy your snow. We're just glad to get any moisture lately.
                  If you don't know where you're going, chances are you will end up somewhere else. - Yogi Berra
                  zoom-zoom

rectumdamnnearkilledem

Zoomers - rethink the West Coast (at least the northern part). Not even our dog wants to go outside right now ... http://www.weather.com/outlook/health/coldandflu/tenday/98272?par=OAP&site=COLDH&code=null&cm_ven=WOWs_voap&cm_cat=Cold&cm_ite=link&cm_pla=10-day Rain is one thing, but near freezing rain is another. I am constantly cold in the winter, you never really dry out. PS: How do you turn a long link like the above into a click ??
                    Ha, yeah...maybe not the Northern half of the West Coast. I was thinking more like CA. I'd love all their sunshine, too. Smile Landy, that is really beautiful! Big grin

~ Sarah Kay

zoom-zoom

rectumdamnnearkilledem

Not to mention that's when all the Bubba's get their 4X4s out and show everyone how tough their truck really is.
                      Ha, Bubbas...we have them, too. They're usually the first in the ditch with their 4WD. Funny how I've never ditched a front-wheel-drive vehicle. *snort* We got a bit of a mini-blizzard today, I think we have ~3" of new, sticky snow. I cut about 2 miles off of my long run, today. It wasn't too cold, but the snow was sort of icy and my corneas feel kind of abraded. At about mile 5 of nearly 9 I was wishing I had worn my shoes with the spikes. We had just a dusting when I set out, but by the time I got back home there was at least an inch on the ground. Drivers were not being considerate or cautious, either (quite a few out-of-state, Southern plates, too...so folks who don't know how to drive in snow). That scares me more than falling. k

~ Sarah Kay

db7

It was -20 here last night with about a foot of snow on the ground. People who don't live in Colorado might think that's normal. Here on the front range it is not the norm. It usually melts off in a day or two. Sure is cutting into my mileage. DB

Tougher than most, dumber than the rest. "You can not count the miles until you feel them" TVZ