The COVID-19 Wild West Thread (Read 601 times)

Running Problem

Problem Child

Eh. We do security theater all the time in e US. When was the last time you were shoes through airport security, all because of one man doing one stupid tangled attempt to blow up a plane.

Actually last time I flew I walked through security with my shoes on. Guns still get through TSA loaded and yet shoes are the problem so we keep doing it because some weird tried to light his on fire on a plane.  Wasn’t there a guy who tried to light his underwear on fire? Amazing how TSA scanners can detect that through their checkpoints but not a loaded firearm. At least no one has shot up an airport in recent history. Can you imagine keeping a business open where people get shot? They ACTUALLY have LAWS against it and yet it still happens. 
    meanwhile two groups of 49 people running on a looped cours in opposite directions would just blow the mind of people concerned with spreading COVID 19. I just don’t get it. I can fly in an airplane at this point and not catch COVID 19 but if we had an outside concert it would ‘go viral’ because a country singer just has no consideration for society. Being cognitively dissident is better than being stupid at this point. 

can you imagine Chicago Marathon participants going out in waves of 49 while wearing a face mask? Sounds like it would comply with every social distancing measure BUUUUUUT the internet would be furious when they read about it on their morning walk with 40 other strangers going by without wearing masks.

Many of us aren't sure what the hell point you are trying to make and no matter how we guess, it always seems to be something else. Which usually means a person is doing it on purpose.

VDOT 53.37 

5k18:xx | Marathon 2:55:22

Image may contain: 2 people, text that says 'The Black Plague has resurfaced again in 2020 Doctors: "Stay right away from rats!" Americans:'

60-64 age group  -  University of Oregon alumni  -  Irreverent and Annoying

Trent

Good Bad & The Monkey

Yea, I still cannot believe how partisan rat licking became.

Running Problem

Problem Child

Wasn’t there something about rats in New York starving with people not going out?

https://nypost.com/2020/04/13/starving-rats-resort-to-war-cannibalism-during-the-coronavirus-lockdown/

https://www.forbes.com/sites/alisonescalante/2020/07/01/people-who-arent-wearing-masks-dont-understand-how-coronavirus-spreads/#30b3e857cd66

at least the bartender is wearing the mask.  I’m unsure of his political affiliation and I don’t give a shit about it either. It was much easier when we could listen to the CDC.

https://www.livescience.com/coronavirus-do-face-masks-work.html

oh and why is it we wear masks?

https://www.livescience.com/face-mask-new-coronavirus.html

People sick with COVID-19, however, should wear face masks to reduce the risk of infection to people around them, according to the CDC. Health care workers and those "taking care of someone infected with COVID-19 in close settings (at home or in a healthcare facility)," should also wear face masks, the CDC reported. 

it was so much easier back in April before people were concerned with political affiliation and rats.

Many of us aren't sure what the hell point you are trying to make and no matter how we guess, it always seems to be something else. Which usually means a person is doing it on purpose.

VDOT 53.37 

Dave

MoBramExam

Tomorrow, I have to start enforcing my county's mask ordinance in my store. I think it is absolutely the right thing, and my fellow employees have been wearing masks the whole time, but I am not looking forward to playing bouncer.

You drafted or deputized?  Only fair if you're compensated.

Yea, I still cannot believe how partisan rat licking became.

It's in the Constitution! Don't mess with muh rights!

Running Problem

Problem Child

It's in the Constitution! Don't mess with muh rights!

Don't forget you can't tell me to vaccinate because it causes autism. It is my body and it is my choice. I can't breathe wearing this mask either. Funny how these phrases don't apply to everyone all the time. Situational ethics are a wonderful thing. Looking forward to a masked christmas due to an increase in COVID 19 positive tests when school starts, then again when Halloween happens, and again around Thanksgiving. Without a vaccine providing long term immunity, and sun light becoming in shorter supply every day it is only a matter of time before we need to wear a mask  and avoid social gatherings of 10 people or more again.

VDOT 53.37 

flavio80

Intl. correspondent

Surly Bill - surely you've got your results by now?

In Italy there are almost no races. Thousands of people crowding the streets and beaches, but somehow God forbid people do sports.

The first race I heard about is in August, there will be waves of 5-10 people every 15 seconds.

This actually sounds interesting, I'd like to start way behind so I have people to pass the whole way 

PRs: 1500 4:54.1 2019 - 5K 17:53 2023 - 10K 37:55 2023 - HM 1:21:59 2021

Up next: some 800m race (or time trials) / Also place in the top 20% in a trail race

Tool to generate Strava weekly

an amazing likeness

it is only a matter of time before we need to wear a mask  and avoid social gatherings of 10 people or more again.

You're not doing just that now ????

Acceptable at a dance, invaluable in a shipwreck.

Mikkey

Mmmm Bop

Surly Bill - surely you've got your results by now?

I thought the UK was bad with the handling of COVID-19, but at least I got my result back in less than 48 hours. 

5k - 17:53 (4/19)   10k - 37:53 (11/18)   Half - 1:23:18 (4/19)   Full - 2:50:43 (4/19)

I thought the UK was bad with the handling of COVID-19, but at least I got my result back in less than 48 hours. 

Merikun bureaucracies are second to none in their inefficiency.

It looks like I have to wait for the letter in the mail. I'm at the mercy of the speed of the USPS.

I'm sure whoever decided to purchase that messaging app to get results sent received a pretty good kickback under the table.

rlopez

You drafted or deputized?  Only fair if you're compensated.

Why, no. It is up to store management in retail establishments to do the right thing... or else.

It hasn't exactly been explained what the 'or else' is, really, but since wearing a mask in my shop is the right thing to do anyway, we'll give it a go.

rlopez

Now that I want video of!!!

There will be video, just like there was video of the 3 (that I remember) fights that I had to break up in our parking lot in mid-March when everyone was panic buying liquor. Plus the various shoplifters I've caught. My favorite was the dude trying to sneak out a bottle of Dom in his baggy pants. When I questioned him about his limp he started going on about "my pegleg! my pegleg!" Then a bottle... not a deuce... dropped out of the bottom of his pants and whoa, his pegleg magically got better.

Meanwhile *I* am the cat with the actual fucking limp.

rlopez

Eh. We do security theater all the time in e US. When was the last time you were shoes through airport security, all because of one man doing one stupid tangled attempt to blow up a plane.

Dude, you really need precheck.  hahahahaha