The COVID-19 Wild West Thread (Read 601 times)

Running Problem

Problem Child

I was just confused about the protection against airborn particles since I thought the whole reason we had mask mandates was to prevent water droplets shooting out into the atmosphere.

Many of us aren't sure what the hell point you are trying to make and no matter how we guess, it always seems to be something else. Which usually means a person is doing it on purpose.

VDOT 53.37 

5k18:xx | Marathon 2:55:22

#artbydmcbride

Runners run

JMac11

RIP Milkman

Don't trust everything you read on Facebook

5K: 16:37 (11/20)  |  10K: 34:49 (10/19)  |  HM: 1:14:57 (5/22)  |  FM: 2:36:31 (12/19) 

Yeah Snopes calls that one a fake.

Dave

Feeling the growl again

Just watched Pelosi conduct a press interaction in dick nose.  Are we applying our criticism to both sides?

"If you want to be a bad a$s, then do what a bad a$s does.  There's your pep talk for today.  Go Run." -- Slo_Hand

I am spaniel - Crusher of Treadmills

Just watched Pelosi conduct a press interaction in dick nose.  Are we applying our criticism to both sides?

Hmm, where have I heard a “both sides“ argument before?

Yes of course she should have covered her nose. Well done, catching her! Of course she is usually seen with nose and mouth covered in public. Are you trying to say people are unfairly criticizing Republican politicians for not wearing masks, when on average Democrats are no better? Because you know that’s bullshit. People aren’t criticized for not being perfect, they’re criticized for being willfully reckless. And that’s mostly Republicans.

Dave

The white house has more cases than Vietnam. FOH with the both sides bullshit.

Runners run

Mikkey

Mmmm Bop

5k - 17:53 (4/19)   10k - 37:53 (11/18)   Half - 1:23:18 (4/19)   Full - 2:50:43 (4/19)

Mikkey

Mmmm Bop

The white house has more cases than Vietnam. FOH with the both sides bullshit.

Im curious....how would you feel if Donald Trump gets elected again?  The fact that Joe Biden is the best opposition will make it very close....so don’t underestimate the silent vote.  Ever thought of moving to another country?

5k - 17:53 (4/19)   10k - 37:53 (11/18)   Half - 1:23:18 (4/19)   Full - 2:50:43 (4/19)

MoBramExam

Ever thought of moving to another country?

Folks don't necessarily have to. Great thing about USA is some area codes are just like living in another country. And that goes both ways.

Im curious....how would you feel if Donald Trump gets elected again?  The fact that Joe Biden is the best opposition will make it very close....so don’t underestimate the silent vote.  Ever thought of moving to another country?

I would certainly be devastated, but not completely shocked. I don’t think most people underestimate his support, we all lived through 2016. Even with all the ridiculousness going on right now, he can still win. The electoral college remains stacked against the Dems—Hillary won by 2.9 million votes and lost; I’ve read Biden could win by 5 million and still lose. We really need a landslide in the popular vote total for a definitive outcome. There will be the additional complications and controversies involving counting all the mail-in votes. And if it ends up in the Supreme Court, and ACB has been confirmed, it’s game over. No, Biden is not the best candidate, but he’s the best one to pull in undecideds, independents, and traditional conservatives who are disgusted by Trump but for whom Bernie or Liz would have been a bridge too far.

Leaving? My wife always talks about it, but of course it’s easier said than done in terms of getting a job and a visa. And in the age of COVID, forget about it. But I don’t think I’d want to anyway. I still love America and I want to make it great again. And I think it can be—those of us who have been around a while know the pendulum always seems to swing back. Trump can bend us, but can’t break us. I hope. 

Also what Mo said. The US seems bizarre to other countries in how different laws are among the states. One of the main pillars of the GOP has always been “states’ rights”—they’re totally hypocritical about it, but still it’s something I comfort myself with. I live in Washington state, which is about as blue as it gets. I don’t think I considered it as much until recently, but right now there is no way in hell I could live in a red state. 

Dave

rmcj001

From Washington Post -

"Senate Republicans and House Speaker Nancy Pelosi (D-Calif.) raised intense objections Saturday to a new $1.8 trillion economic relief proposal from the Trump administration, greatly dimming prospects for a coronavirus relief deal before the election.

On a conference call Saturday morning with Treasury Secretary Steven Mnuchin and White House chief of staff Mark Meadows, multiple GOP senators denounced the proposal, attacking the price tag as too big, questioning the overall direction and criticizing individual proposals, according to several people who participated in the call or were briefed on its contents. They spoke on the condition of anonymity to detail the private discussion."

Wait seriously, you're comparing Pelosi wearing a mask incorrectly to how the person in the White House has openly flaunted CDC mask recommendations, since day 1 denigrating masks, hosting a super spreading event?  Can you say "false equivalency?"

We already know you've take Fox New's line on masks calling them marginally better then nothing. Yet CDC, WHO and most of medical community says they're the most effective defense we currently have.

You're wrong on this.

Ray

Trent

Good Bad & The Monkey

I sure as fuck won't be moving to the UK.

I'm gay, far left, and have lived in red states most of my life.  I prefer it here. It isn't easy, but it's worth it.

JMac11

RIP Milkman

I always love the threats of leaving if X is elected. How many people do that each election specifically because of the election?

5K: 16:37 (11/20)  |  10K: 34:49 (10/19)  |  HM: 1:14:57 (5/22)  |  FM: 2:36:31 (12/19)